gran torino [spoilers]

shagnscoob

since there's not a thread about it yet--

what a piece of shit.

after i couldn't take it seriously at all, i then had to wait literally FOREVER before clint eastwood finally kicked some ass, whereupon i was severely disappointed. i was honestly trying to figure out in my mind how senile clint eastwood must be to have made this.

the asian girl and guy sucked at acting

the second i heard them speak, the movie was ruined for me. its kinda hard for me to take asian actors seriously unless they are actually good. theres something about them that always makes me unconfortable, for example the part where they put the cig out on his face. he screams in such an unpleasant, asian way. makes my stomach curl.

overall, the movie sucked. imagine if instead of hmongs it was a black family in a balck neighborhood....

yall are buggin. this movie was the shit. asian kids were terrible actors, so was the preist, but what legitimate asian professional would sign on for a role where they are bombarded with racial slurs by an old man.

im not gonna get into why this movie is fucking awesome, but i figured it would get a warmer reception.

shit was terrible, but still unintentional comedy. best thing was seeing the asians refusing to be oppressed by the white man. jailtime was worth it. would've been better if eastwood raced his torino for pinks though, and then getting gunned down after he won with the torino blowing up from smg fire.

mass, next time im in montreal, or your in vancouver, can we get together, get wasted and watch movies together, then argue? id like to have emotional arguments with you about jsut about everything weve both seen. i promise i wont kick you in the nuts.

(0)

the second i heard them speak, the movie was ruined for me. its kinda hard for me to take asian actors seriously unless they are actually good. theres something about them that always makes me unconfortable, for example the part where they put the cig out on his face. he screams in such an unpleasant, asian way. makes my stomach curl.

makes you and me, buddy

aznscreamz.jpg

wack symbolism? never that. obvious maybe, but not wack. why cant you just find the simplest metaphors and roll with it?

i grant clint eastwood the right to ham it up hard once in his career. if youre the ultimate badass, you can use your last film as an excuse to get crazy melodramatic, sing off key, and spit offensive racismism to your hearts content. if you can also juggle those things with still being the ultimate badass, and then use the film as a catalyst to pass the badass torch onto a new generation of people who look nothing like you and share essentially no common background, then youre tippity top in my books.