Dark, non-fading jeans?

c'mon now. think about this.

just cop any one-wash, if you really don't ever want fading get an overdyed jean.

raw jeans are made of better denim than mall jeans, but it's still denim. if you don't wear them hard they will not fade. but if you wear your rocawears hard they will still fade.

what bout buying khakis?

Khaki is a color. A light one at that. I don't think you could have recommended anything worse than that suggestion. Thanks though.

c'mon now. think about this.

just cop any one-wash, if you really don't ever want fading get an overdyed jean.

raw jeans are made of better denim than mall jeans, but it's still denim. if you don't wear them hard they will not fade. but if you wear your rocawears hard they will still fade.

First of all, raw jeans aren't inherently better than washed jeans. Raw is not an indicator of quality. Are you telling me that a pair of Levi's STF jeans are better than a pair of washed Sugar Canes?

Secondly, I never said I wanted the jeans to never fade. I am aware that, by nature, indigo falls off cotton with wear. But perhaps there are treatments that exist that prolong or set the indigo color.

Also, I don't plan on wearing these jeans on a daily, or even weekly basis. If I wanted a pair of raw or formerly raw jeans in a one-wash state, I know where to look, but that's not what I want. Those jeans bleed onto other fabrics, are stiff and crease funny.

I think the problem with your request lies in the fact that you mentioned indigo, since breaking and thus fading is a indigo specific characteristic...

Find a pair of jeans that is dyed (or made from a fabric woven) in a colour that resembles indigo, but isn't actually indigo.

Wich jeans these would be I can't actually help you with...

Let's see where this thread goes...

First, raw jeans are not better than mall jeans.. cuz uhhh some mall jeans are.. raw

And a lot of those "hip-hop" brands seem to have a lot of extra resin coating to keep them KRISPAY... but will also slow down the fading

First, raw jeans are not better than mall jeans.. cuz uhhh some mall jeans are.. raw

And a lot of those "hip-hop" brands seem to have a lot of extra resin coating to keep them KRISPAY... but will also slow down the fading

Your logic is infallible.

Yes, I've seen a lot of jeans with this kind of coating. Not only will it slow fading down it will not fade. Unless you sit in the sun too long and it melts…

I think the problem with your request lies in the fact that you mentioned indigo, since breaking and thus fading is a indigo specific characteristic...

Find a pair of jeans that is dyed (or made from a fabric woven) in a colour that resembles indigo, but isn't actually indigo.

Wich jeans these would be I can't actually help you with...

Let's see where this thread goes...

Again, I'm aware of the properties of indigo that make it fall off the fabric over time. What I'm looking for is a jean that perhaps is treated to slow down the process.

A dye that is not indigo based, but similar in color sounds like an idea.

45rpm Sorahiko Suminandos

Ask anyone who owns them.. They take FOREVER to fade...

edit : im tryna look around to find the description of em... but i cant find em

But I kno the dye is a sorta of black inky stuff mixed with regular indigo..

man I just had this real intense deja vu, I'm positive I have read this thread like a year ago, and yet, it's dated today. weird...

anyway, these momotaro's will never fade:

http://www.aikidou.com/SHOP/AIKIM-001.html

Thanks for that link. Do you happen to know the model name of those jeans? It's pretty crazy that those jeans show no signs of wear and are actually darker than they were to begin with! They don't look quite as dark as I'd like, but that could just be from the lighting. I'll have to see if I can find some other pics.

How do they do that?

I'm curious to know as well.

The 45 rpm idea is good. You aren't going to be wearing them everyday like some people do on sufu, are you? If not than dont worry about them fading (the 45's)

Yeah, 45 rpm's sound good, but they are pretty pricey.

I've already got a pair of Denime's that I've been wearing for more than a year, so I wanted a different looking pair of jeans to wear.

Those ones posted are a collaboration with that particlar shop. I guess the model name is aikimomo or something like that.

here's three other models with that kind of core-dyed plant indigo denim:

http://www.japanblue.co.jp/momotaro/gold/index.htm

How do they do that?

If you figure out how to translate the japan blue page (which I cant) you can propably work out how they do that by reading the technique section. I think the trick is to dye the warp threads to the core...