Googies By Flat Head

kicksaholic

I was in Tokyo for the New Year and had a chance to visit some of the Flat Head/RJB stores. The shop assistant notified me that there is a new line from Flat Head coming out ...... called "Googies".

Does anyone know about this brand from Flat Head? May be Kiya can shed some light for us?

You can find the web site below:

http://googies.flat-head.com/

as far as i know googies was a famous diner on sunset blv, in the 50s. a lot of actors used to hang out there and it was right next to schwabs drugstore.

the famous dean pic of him on his triumph were taken by phil stern in front of googies. there are also some pics of him in the diner.

so there might be a relationship to the flat head line

Googies is a sub-line by Flat Head that was launched three months ago..

It's inspiration comes from Googie architecture from the 50's.

The easiest way to explain what the architecture looks like is imagine what was considered "futuristic" in the 50's and early 60's. Lot's of sweeping roofs on buildings, boomerang shaped coffee tables, etc..

The line is inspired by that time and design.. The jeans have a leather area stitched onto the pocket that's boomerang shaped (i say it looks more like a arcuate..).

We had a Googies shirt at Self Edge a month ago, we only got one of each size and it sold out quickly... The reason we don't stock much of it is the same reason we don't stock a massive amount of Real Japan Blues, the prices on the shirts are about double what Flat Head shirts cost.

We're getting another Googies shirt next week, a western hickory stripe shirt with chest pockets that have a zipper enclosure... We'll also eventually have the jeans once the outside world (outside of Japan) warms up to the idea of having leather patches sewn onto the back pockets of their jeans like Googies or RJB.

And yes..

Flat Head have opened two restaurants in Nagano named Googies Cafe.

They're essentially reproductions of mid-50's American Diners filled with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of extremely rare antiques, they serve "American Food" but all the ingredients are locally grown in Nagano and all the food is organic and self-sustained.

The strangest thing about these places is they're literally out in the middle of nowhere...

IMG_1231-1.jpg

Geeking out:

IMG_1241.jpg

Drinking the Flat Head Indigo Cocktail:

IMG_1236.jpg

Kiya what jeans are you wearing if you don't mind me asking?

Flat Head SE05BSP

What kind of blasphemy is this? Drinking a cocktail with a straw...

Dude, the drink was essentially Blue Curacao on ice... That's beyond ghetto to start with..

We had a Googies shirt at Self Edge a month ago, we only got one of each size and it sold out quickly... The reason we don't stock much of it is the same reason we don't stock a massive amount of Real Japan Blues, the prices on the shirts are about double what Flat Head shirts cost.

... We'll also eventually have the jeans once the outside world (outside of Japan) warms up to the idea of having leather patches sewn onto the back pockets of their jeans like Googies or RJB.

can the same thing said about the other articles of clothing from the line?

can the same thing said about the other articles of clothing from the line?

Yes, with the exception of the jeans which are just barely more than what Flat Head's jeans cost.

Dude, the drink was essentially Blue Curacao on ice... That's beyond ghetto to start with..

And here was me thinking you were a man of taste.

Although it did have Flat Head and indigo in the title...I suppose I can empathize with the quandary one would face.