Anyone know of a good peacoat?

theory

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a good color for a peacoat?

Black, oxford gray, and charcoal all seem like good choices, but it's hard to pick just one.

I've tended to opt for dark navy or black peacoats because it works for more outfits (jeans, suits etc). Maybe because I also have a grey herringbone overcoat so I prefer navy or black

Hey guys, new here. I live in Vancouver and we just got our H&M last month. Went there last weekend and they had a few peacoats... does anyone have pictures of their current peacoats? Most specifically the trench/military-look ones with the epaulets and flap pockets? I'm thinking of getting the grey one but I'm not quite sure.

Yeah, but I live an hour and a half away so it'll be awhile before I can go back. Busy work week and such. I was just hoping to rule a couple of the choices out before I go, and then call ahead to see if they have my size.

Hare also has a peacoat this season going for 24,000 yen:

1223669_b_5.jpg

I hate to make my first post this way- But I would really realy like to get my hands on this peacoat. I live in Manhattan and am wondering how I can get access to this coat. I know superfuture is littered with alot of informative posts on how to get ahold of alot of things, but now that it's come time for me to actually order something I'm having trouble figuring out how to go about getting this coat.

H&M has some decent peacoats at an affordable price. 180 CAD, new season, probably around 150 US. Black, heather grey and they fit really well. About the same length, wool as well, as the Hare one above.

Yeah, I'm trying to get my hands on one of those... I was standing in line to buy the damn thing and their credit machine was out of order, so I had to leave it. Now they're all out of my size. :( I hope they're going to restock before the season's over. I would think so, since it's only September.

Edit: That Giuliano Fujiwara coat is nuts... the double collar thing is crazy in a cool way, but not so sure I like the epaulet-looking details on the cuffs. Looks kind of weird, but you could probably wrap it around the sleeves or just remove it.

http://www.hunkydory.jp/detail.php?commodity_id=17101&color_id=1

THAT is almost exactly what I'm looking for, but I want it in grey. And some of the details are different. The one I saw in store had no stupid-looking loop on the back, the fabric bit up on the collar buttons on both sides, and the epaulets are attatched differently. Is the one pictured last year's or something?

Damn I wish they had my size at my H&M. What do you guys think the possibility of a restock is? It's still September, I can't see how they'd go the rest of the season without restocking...