www.kitchener.ch ...who's ordered?

Guest Montreal

Guest Montreal

Maybe I should have posted this before I ordered my RRDS' but I was just wondering who ordered from these guys and what kind of customer service they provided?

I wasn't planning on buying another pair of jeans until I saw my friends RRDS and suddenly my Greycast's seemed really inferior.

Anyways, I somehow stumbled across www.kitchener.ch, did a quick little currency conversion, and after shipping and everything, the RRDS worked out to $192 Canadian. That's about $30 less than I paid for my Greycast Nudies (which I am really regretting buying now).

Anyways, just wanted to know if I'm ever gonna see these jeans or if I pissed away $200.

And I kinda wanted to give everyone the heads up on cheap Nudies.

I'm off to Alife. Peace.

a bit off topic.. but Montreal, since it looks like you're from Montreal and that I might pass my boxing day here, can you recommend some good spots where to shop (except from the big stores in downtown like Simon's, Holts etc. and those mentionned in supercity) ? and do you know any stores that may carry visvim here ? my only hope was going to the Nomad in toronto but i might stay in mtl :S

thanks.

Edited by infamous on Dec 22, 2005 at 10:14 PM

Guest Montreal

I'm gonna be perfectly honest when I say that I've never actually been in Montreal for boxing day, only Vancouver.

Goodfoot on Saint Laurent is gonna have a buy 2 get 1 free sale like usual. That's about all I know.. sorry.

As for Visvim, I'm 99% sure that you can't find them in Montreal. If you ever do find a place that carrys them, please PLEASE let me know.. I've been dying for a pair.

Lata1

I tried to order a pair last week this is the email I recevied:

"Thank you very much for your order. Unfortunately, the ordered item is

not available anymore. At the moment, our Nudie Jeans run out of stock

much quicker than the webshop can be updated. We're so sorry for not

having better news for you."

"We won't receive further Nudie delivery until middle of Janaury 2006.

But we will inform you as soon as new items are online."

Out of stock until January......

Montreal:

Chadler's exactly right. The way it breaks down for customs is this.

shipped to US under $200 - usually/always no customs assessed.

shipped to CDN under $20 - no customs assessed.

I ordered off the Kitchener website - my friend and I both ordered our RRDS there.

He had his shipped to his house in Toronto and was assessed $64 in addition to the $202CHF (Swiss Francs) for his jeans. I had my shipped to a buddy who works in NYC and comes back fairly regularly, and was assessed no customs.

This is how they do it:

-Translate the pre-shipping price (184.95CHF) to $CDN which was approx. $165

-Multiply $165 by the duty rate for the item (18% x $165) which was approx. $30

-Assess GST of 7% on the afterduty price which is approx. $13

-Assess PST (in your case it'd be QST) of 8% on the afterduty price which was $15

-$5 for handling and processing charge (regardless of value of the item)

= total approximately $64 you gotta give to the postman/government when he knocks at your door after a 2-3 week wait.

All I gotta say is damn the government!

Total price works out to about $250 for RRDS if you have it directly shipped to your home, but I'd say if you know lots of ppl in the US, that'd be the dominant strategy.

Still a savings of approximately $95 over the Holt Renfrew/regular CDN retail price of $299 + tax.

The way around it is to not have it commercially packaged (without the receipt) - but sent marked as a gift, and let customs guess at the value of the jeans...dunno if Kitchener would do that....Another guy on another forum said that fos5.com did that for his Baggy Bjorns Might be worth a shot - the guys at Kitchener were helpful and pretty friendly.

Anyone have any experience importing clothes from the US? What are the duty rates given that we have NAFTA? Can anyone else share their online shopping experiences? Really curious about what duty rates people have seen.

Anyhow good luck with ordering etc.!

The Canadian customs "charge price" is $60. Anything under $60 is regarded as undutiable. I have had a variety of things sent to my Canadian address -- some quite expensive -- marked as gifts and valued at $10 or $20. Never had to pay duty on any of them.

I've also lived in the USA for nearly 20 years, and had tons and tons and tons and tons of things sent to me, including $1200 headphones that were fully insured for that price and have never, ever paid a dime of duty or customs fees.

Bottom line - Canadian customs sucks ass.

Guest Montreal

Whack. Hopefully they send me an email saying that they are out of stock because a) I already bought another pair of Nudies, and B) I'm going to max out my credit card tommarow icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Montreal

Got my jeans today.

Wasn't expecting them at all.

Had to pay $60 in customs.. kinda pissed.

Was kinda hoping that Kitchener would be sold out because I'm going to NYC next month and..

Whatever.

Yay for new jeans!

^^ what you can do is ask kitchener to send you a credit note invoice showing that you returned the jeans and they gave you a refund. they don't really have to refund your money, they can just make a fake one. that's what they did for me. then you send the invoice with the customs slip to the address the back, and they'll refund your $60

• 1 month later...