Quality of Red Monkey Jeans

Funky Junky

Does anyone know the quality of Red Monkey Jeans ???

I heard that Jay-z wear them every day , but are they from good quality??

The back of the jeans looks very good , honestly I like the back with chinese farmers carrying something.

Looks very difficult to make , that's why I think it's expensive in the stores.

I have heard that they start from 350$ because of there limitation.

And this is only I think the Standard model.

Some are only 25 made from, they start from 599$ I have seen.

My Top 3 Jeans from now are:

1Atelier la Durance 2Levi's Vintage 3One True Saxon

Can anyone share his exprience with me???

The quality of Red Monkey Jeans is pretty good. Just like Chinese made Evisu, which is unsurprising, as Red Monkey is basically taking the same formula and just changing the pockets.

Red Monkey is a chinese company (Hong Kong - owned by Martin Ksohoh) and the jeans are made in China.

The needle-punched pockets are interesting. Needle-punching or 'Agugliato' is quite a rare technique these days. The denim is backed by another fabric (plaid, in Red Monkey's case), and then needles push some of the plaid's fibre's through onto the denim side creating the pattern on the pockets.

Note, not all the jeans feature Agugliato. Mostly the pockets just have regular embroidery.

Quote:

Thanks for your exprience!!

Agugliato what a difficult word!!!

I will keep that in my mind...

Do you think that they make fake variants like Evisu for example in the future???

And are there retailshops that will sell Red Monkey Jeans in the Europe???

--- Original message by Funky Junky on Dec 5, 2005 09:10 AM

There are definatly fake variants so watch out. I saw literally TONS of these style jeans at a flea market in south Atlanta last weekend. Mostly just tidal wave pockets but there were some other faked styles. The embroidery looked ok but the denim quality was horrible. They could probably trick you on ebay if your not careful.

• 3 years later...