FS: Lee Cowboy 101 1938 from the Lee Originals Series (japanese reproduction)

manis

FS: Lee Cowboy 101 1938 from the Lee Originals Series (japanese reproduction) tagsize 34"x33", (actual length: 36") new, unworn, still tagged. LOW PRICE

All the details are there, really astonishing piece of denim history. Accurate, refined, beautiful detailing. Denimlover's wet dream.

specs:

-11.5 oz left hand twill blue selvedge denim

-"Hair on hide" label

-buckle back

-copper rivets

-triple stitch on back yoke

-double needle stitches on waistband

-crotch rivet

-union ticket inside left back pocket

pics:

http://www.student.ru.nl/h.p.albers/pics/lee/

(on some pictures the colour might not be entirely correct due to flash)

price in stores in the Netherlands (very limited availability):

€ 229 ($ 269), as indicated on picture #2.

They're yours for €125 + shipping. ($148 + shipping).

I accept paypal in euros. (I showed the converted currencies for your convenience, only so you don't have to calculate.)

"From Lee Japan a stitch for stitch clone of the famous Hair on Hide Cinch back lot 101 "cowboy pants" from 1937. Lee 101s from the late 30's are probably the most desirable jeans amongst denim collectors. A deadstock pair would cost about the same as a small family car. But Lee Japan have gone to amazing lengths to produce these remarkable replicas. Made if 11 1/2 Oz Special Coarse Weave denim they have wide waistband which is 4-ply double stitched at the top and bottom. They have wide belt loops that are bar tacked so they will not pull loose. The Buckle straps have V-shaped ends and are both stitched and riveted. The jeans have the famous U shaped crotch which is comfortable and tailored to fit a saddle. The back riser is also made for saddle comfort and is tailored to fit the body giving a flattering look. They are riveted at points of strain (including the crotch) with the famous non -scratch Lee copper rivets. The pockets are deep and wide. The pockets "bags" are made of Genuine Boatsail Cloth. They have rounded bottoms and are serged and double stitched. The back pockets are bar-tacked, have the characteristic Lee "shield" shape and "cow-lick" stitching but are wider than the later Lee pockets. The fly is double stitched and is non-gaping. The buttons are rust proofed donut buttons and there is a Lee Cowboy Donut button at the waistband. To crown it all the cowhide patch has been tanned with the hair on the hide. The patch has been branded with a hot branding iron "just as cattle are branded"."

Cheers,

manis

whatever..

Edited by manis on Dec 20, 2005 at 11:39 AM

• 3 weeks later...

Hey docdoom.

They are special indeed. I'm selling just because I'm not going to wear them anytime soon. The Atelier Ladurance royal pants I'm breaking in now will be enough for 2006 and I'm not one of those guys who just likes to have pants sitting in a closet. These puppies need to be worn till they scream for mercy! And then wear em some more. :D

I measured 9.4" leg openings. The waist size is a true 34".

Hope this helps.

whatever..