How Often Do You Go To Your Favourite Boutique?

jude_smith

I was in town today and popped thru some of my favourite boutiques to see what was up. Which got me to wondering how often do you make a point of going to your favourite stores to see what's up? Do factors like location come into play, like say it's a bit out of the way for example. Or do you follow their website and wait to see whether new product has come in?

• 2 weeks later...

I like to go to my old favorite, Lark, but I hardly buy anything and usually end up just talking for three hours, helping with customers (weird) then leaving when they close or thirty minutes afterward, haha.

I love Komakino, but it's so out of my way to make a pilgrimage.. And I'm always so poor, but it's super chill and I can walk around decked in Rick Owens for a little while before I leave, hah.

Guest Methimphibian

don't really have a favorite, just hit up the usual spots...supreme/fairfax/union and thrift stores. have been going to LA the past 3 or 4 fridays in a row, but the 2 hours of traffic leaving LA is not that fun so I will only be going in the morning!.

I like to go to my old favorite, Lark, but I hardly buy anything and usually end up just talking for three hours, helping with customers (weird) then leaving when they close or thirty minutes afterward, haha.

I love Komakino, but it's so out of my way to make a pilgrimage.. And I'm always so poor, but it's super chill and I can walk around decked in Rick Owens for a little while before I leave, hah.

I always feel like a huge douche when I try stuff on without buying, esp since that dudes so nice

I always feel like a huge douche when I try stuff on without buying, esp since that dudes so nice

I know what you mean, man. Usually I'll buy at least one thing, like a shirt, or whatever, so I don't disappoint, but damned if I wasn't dead broke when I went. Mistake on my part. They understood when I told 'em I was a student, anyway.. I was the only guy to come in for like, the two hours I was there, then they closed up shop.. Very niche market.

I know what you mean, man. Usually I'll buy at least one thing, like a shirt, or whatever, so I don't disappoint, but damned if I wasn't dead broke when I went. Mistake on my part. They understood when I told 'em I was a student, anyway.. I was the only guy to come in for like, the two hours I was there, then they closed up shop.. Very niche market.

their mission statement specifically includes a part about not giving a fuck about profit so I wouldn't sweat it.

I'm guessing their online sales are higher volume than local...