Raf Simons S/S 02

inaya

Even more so when you consider 9/11 happened in 2001 and this was the next season!

This was the exact reason why this collection brought Simons to the attention of the international press...

Incidentally, Viktor & Rolf their love inspired, all white collection did the exact same thing for them during the same season.

This goes to show that fashion design can be so much more than simply dressing people in nice clothes...

i have a feeling s/s08 was the last of the more conceptual raf. now his focus appears to be on tailoring methods and details, but not really ideas. i can live with his stuff being simply well-cut and beautiful though.

i agree s/s 09 is not good. s/s 08 was strong and f/w 08.09 has some good pieces.

i don't know about his quality control, but his outsourced stuff is not good

• 2 weeks later...

this is one of the most valid arguements to keep items in production past one season... this entire collection would be selling like crack nowadays.

this was the collection that intro'd me to the rafster... it sucked being in OZ then... one store got maybe 6 items in for that season.............. so bummed.......... if only sufu was tehre to save me..... well the forum atleast... ha