Does anyone else think popular sneaker culture is ridiculous?

meditation

haha this is so funny i remember clearly you asking questions on everything so you could create this identity for yourself THE REASON he knows it all so well is because he was like that too and now he sees how all these people are warming to his comments and he's beasting with them how about this you all stfu about "the hype"

i fought the law and the law won

I've been doing this sneaker thing since 1996, and have made a pretty penny. I was once laughed , but when I started scooping 20 pairs of Supas in San Diego and hooking up spots like Passover in Japan I felt pretty good. But, since then it's been degenerating. I can understand "collecting" when there is disposable income. A lot of the collector's now are teens, and I am weary about how consumerism at such an early age with effect their generation, and ours. Like any big busy Nike is a beast, and I try my best to throw my money somewhere else now. With that said, FUCK NIKE, and your collabos suck, when you make shoes for ass-rapers like HUF, you fucked your customer base.

-pete

Quote:

Yeah, I agree MilSpix, but Jordan is part of the problem. They are fucking up all sorts of shit because Jordan is it's only entitiy now. Look at how fucked up the IVs were. That Jumpman is killing it, I NEED SOME BIG ASS "NIKE AIR".

--- Original message by starvinglawstudent on Nov 20, 2005 01:12 AM

DAMN FUCKING RIGHT...Nike needs to come correct with some OG Jordan styles with the big fat NIKE AIR in the back. None of this bullshit Jumpman, wackass collabs with UNDFTD, P-Rod x Jordan SBs, shitty colorways. Stuff is straight up garbage.

Quote:

1985 man

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Nov 20, 2005 12:59 AM

yeh I know I had 81 or 82 in my head. dont know why. then again, I was never `headz`.

MILitary SPECificationS OO

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

who gives a fuck, kids spend mad money on SB's and jack eachother off on niketalk, faggots here talk about wearing $300 jeans for years without washing them.

i doubt any of you were alive when good old levi strauss was alive to invent jeans - so the whole "you werent around/dont know the history" thing gets thrown right out the window.

Girls spend mad money on ugly purses and big glasses, who fucking cares.

crying emo kids wear girls pants, hopeless g-unit followers drown in their own t shirts, trustfund hipsters dress like garagesale discharge, EVERYONE is doing something that looks stupid to someone else, get over it.

Pissing in your pocket book with an eye patch on like captain hook.

It wouldn't be such a bad thing to be able to buy a nice pair of retro sneakers.....but Nike is herding a bunch of sheep with the whole SB craze. They make it so difficult to buy a decent pair of sneakers. It's insane how they can tell you exactly what to spend your money on. It's Marketing people...hype, it got you

Sneaker collecting is a disease, you have to realize that past a certain amount of sneakers, you're sick.

I think this entire "fashion" culture is ridiculous. Reading SF is interesting, but some of you spend way too much money/care way too much about how you look. In 10 years, your going to get married, and nobody will give a fuck about how you look, whether your jeans are "selvedge", or whether your dressed head to toe in "dior homme."

I like a lot of stuff I see in the "what are you wearing" thread, but I could get the same look for $500 less. For example, a dior wallet? pillbox? quality my ass......the only justification for spending $1000 for an acronym jacket is if you use it your entire life.....hell you could go through life without spending that much on a jacket. Try spending your money where it counts

Depht...