G-Star Radar Low Loose.

Just some of my thoughts after 8 months:

- generally quality denim

- good colour

- buckleback is good

- sagged back pockets are good

- relaxed front pockets are less good

- pricey for non-selvedge

The fact that these Radars are both a relaxed/loose fit and also don't see a lot of wear on my part, have meant that they probably aren't what you might expect from dry/raw denim after 8 months of wear. Notwithstanding, i personally think that may also have something to do with the weight and quality of the denim as opposed to APC, Nudie, etc which seem to immediately show wear after 1-2 weeks.

fut40m.jpg

fut7c9.jpg

fut4s3.jpg

fut56b.jpg

fut7yp.jpgp

fut7r9.jpg

So, anyway, i'm leaving for a 2 month backpacking trip to the US/Europe within a fortnight and i find myself facing a small denim dilemma. Should i:

a) wash these just prior to my departure and have them nice and clean for the trip; or

B) leave them unwashed and live in them for the next 8-9 weeks; or

c) pickup new project denim and break them in over the course of the trip.

Option c) is another topic in itself.

Any feedback, thoughts, opinions, etc would be appreciated.

Uhh I don't know what you're talking about when you say that APCs tend to show wear in 2 weeks. I've been wearing mine infrequently for 7 months and they show relatively little wear, just how I like them. The reason why it may seem like APC, nudie, etc wear faster is that people really wear the shit out of them to break em in

Quote:

Uhh I don't know what you're talking about when you say that APCs tend to show wear in 2 weeks. I've been wearing mine infrequently for 7 months and they show relatively little wear, just how I like them. The reason why it may seem like APC, nudie, etc wear faster is that people really wear the shit out of them to break em in

--- Original message by super on Nov 18, 2005 03:59 AM

very true, im starting to think that it is a misconception when people say that apc's wear too fast, with some of the mild increased apc hype people are rushign the process a bit

chwa?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say they aren't going to show a tremendous amount of wear. These are my Radars after being worn maybe 3-4 times a week and even then only for a couple hours at a time.

Regardless, i'll probably end up picking up another pair of denim while i'm on the trip probably in London or NY.

B) wear the shit out of these..... from my experience my g-stars have worn out quite quickly and over the time you spend in europe they will surely show signs of wear.

c) maybe purchase a good quality pair over in Europe to save untill you are satisfied with your g-stars

Here are a pic of my g-star dexter straight which I have been wearing for about 2 months and a bit.

fy36vn.jpg

After 2 weeks I noticed lots of wear and recently even had to patch up a small hole from the wear. I have been tempted to by more pairs of better quality jeans but so far have only bought one pair which I found on sale.

The back hem came with a sort of double layer protection which was pretty cool. They barely touched the ground at first but after a week or so of wearing them I bought new shoes that are much slimmer and the jeans started dragging. I wear them pretty much every day (unless I am at the gym or have to dress up) and are on me right after my morning shower, untill I go to bed. I'm sure if you wear your pair while backpacking for 2 months they will get way more wear than I have. I hope that this will help you to give your g-stars some more wear before you wash them or even give up on them . Let us know what you decide to do.

Edited by alej on Nov 22, 2005 at 03:23 PM