russian book shit and plebian sneaker

mrip

Dude is the type of guy he starts retarded convo's with girls at house parties about existentialism and argues with them about Sartre's philosophy when they say "Sartre is Smart-ra."

I didn't even delve into any of that shit--only mentioned it superficially. U are a fucking idiot if you think that what I said had anything to do with Sarte you fucking miserable cunt.

Here's a book worth discussing.

9780415157148.jpg

i just breezed by like 10 pages of waywt chat

the only book i read is the game by neil strauss

FEEL ME?

I DUN FUX WIT DA RUSHENS

Need to adjust your posts per page, weakling

you guys are miserable cunts.

i read angels and demon waaaaay before it was cool.

if you look closely in my sale thread, you can see pictures of "deception point" sitting on my bookshelf. clearly my dan brown-fanaticism is more hardcore than yours.

I didn't even delve into any of that shit--only mentioned it superficially. U are a fucking idiot if you think that what I said had anything to do with Sarte you fucking miserable cunt.

You... you kinda missed my point. I meant you were an overly-seriously pedant... which I guess you just proved.

Are you proving my point as a reward for accidentally pos repping you?

By the way, before you go on a three paragraph rant, I have no idea if your Russian lit arguments are right since I read like 5 total lines of your shit. The fact that you felt the need to compare Vans to something as unrelated and esoteric as Russian lit and believe it's insightful or helpful is enough for me. That's why I want you to shut up. Clear?

book-covers-41.jpg

am i doin this thread rite? (7)

You... you kinda missed my point. I meant you were an overly-seriously pedant... which I guess you just proved.

Are you proving my point as a reward for accidentally pos repping you?

By the way, before you go on a three paragraph rant, I have no idea if your Russian lit arguments are right since I read like 5 total lines of your shit. The fact that you felt the need to compare Vans to something as unrelated and esoteric as Russian lit and believe it's insightful or helpful is enough for me. That's why I want you to shut up. Clear?

book-covers-41.jpg

am i doin this thread rite? (7)

3 paragraphs to make my point. thats tough....

u accuse me of missing your point when you're the one who admits to having not read the majority of my posts. sorry, me calling you out on your ignorance does not help prove your point in any way.

you've made up your mind beforehand that a specific style of sneakers and a specific class of authors have nothing in common. you probably just lack the mental powers to imagine the relationship. you must suck at analogies.

I'll say it again in a different way. They are both simply consumer goods which have roughly equivalent abundance. Vans were not the first company to make plain canvas sneakers, nor was Dostoevsky the first to have an existential epiphany. True they may have been influential and part of the vanguard in their time, but their ideas are abundant enough in contemporary culture to make any further discussion of them merely an act of history worship. And when it comes to reading enjoyable stories, I've already offered my choice pick out of the "Russians" (a genre which cannot be considered a homogeneous singular category)-Nikolai Gogol. His stories are less seriously intellectual and pretentious and more absurd and humorous.

http://www.geocities.com/short_stories_page/gogolovercoat.html

Analogies are generally used to be a simplistic way of explaining something, through an example taken from a different topic.

Comparing vans to Russian literature isn't exactly a worthwhile analogy, especially if all you are saying is that 'vans suck because there are other canvas shoes that look like vans, and that were made before them'.

Vans were not the first company to make plain canvas sneakers, nor was Dostoevsky the first to have an existential epiphany. True they may have been influential and part of the vanguard in their time, but their ideas are abundant enough in contemporary culture to make any further discussion of them merely an act of history worship.

EDIT: v what he said v

u accuse me of missing your point when you're the one who admits to having not read the majority of my posts. sorry, me calling you out on your ignorance does not help prove your point in any way.

you've made up your mind beforehand that a specific style of sneakers and a specific class of authors have nothing in common. you probably just lack the mental powers to imagine the relationship. you must suck at analogies.

No, you've missed the point again. I never called you ignorant. I never called you dumb. I never even said you don't know that much about Russian lit. I have zero concern about the accuracy or factual correctness of your analogy.

What I called you

-A pedant

-A prick

What I'm criticizing you for

-Using an analogy that almost certainly precludes 99% of the board.

+You see, a common thing kids do in high school is make a comparison between something in contention (e.g. Vans) and something they know a lot about that the other parties will likely NOT know a lot about (e.g. Russian lit). They do this to both prove their own intellect and keep people from contradicting them/placing themselves in a highly advantageous situation. What you've missed is that people see through this bullshit after age 16. For a nicer way of reading it, see incob's post.

-Overanalyzing statements in intellectually anal ways (the Sartre post was an analogy to the attitude you convey not the factual content of your posts, see? Also, something my friend experienced.)

I hope I'm clear. I acknowledge that you may be intelligent, cogent, and correct. I don't care. I think you're being a prick with the social skills of a 16 year old debate student.