Yohji Yamamoto Coming Soon store in Amsterdam!

Uinku

I don't even know if I'm allowed to spread this news yet, but for people in Holland/Amsterdam, there is a YY Coming Soon store opening in the Prinsenstraat. It's under the name of Margriet Nannings and will be replacing the Margriet Nannings outlet. The whole collection is pretty amazing. The sizes start from size 48, but most stuff from the women's collection is unisex (the buttons of the shirts and jackets close like men's garments). I don't know when it will be opening yet, but we've started packing/preparing since yesterday. I'll keep you guys up to date about it.

I'm certain that the shop will open in less than 3 weeks. Maybe even two.

We still have to receive stuff, I haven't seen any shoes yet. The shop will carry both the men's and women's coming soon line (or what kind of line are you referring to Tisswat?).

Oh, and I haven't mentioned yet, I did most of the pricing, and the prices of the garments are cheaper than anywhere else. That's because Margriet is taking a huge risk with this brand, so she's willing to sacrifice a part of the profits for it. I don't know the prices by heart, so you'll have to wait about two weeks before I can tell you.

Oh, and people, when you visit the shop, and an Asian guy is working there (not the one that used to work there for a very long time, because he quit, and I work on saturdays btw) say hi!I've seen a few people with sugarcanes and awesomely faded Levi's visit the shop and had really awkward moments after I asked them if they're from superfuture...

How the hell did I miss that this is about the Coming Soon line?

Uinku I will say hello next time I stop by. Last time I saw an Asian guy but he was nextdoor in the women's store. Don't remember if that was a Saturday.

Anyway, looking forward to the opening.

beautyfake: You're welcome :) And thank you for the link. Oh, and another cool thing is that most of the garments have the whole male or female lookbook attached to it!

Tisswat: Yup. That was me, could be any other day if it was during the holidays.

Lenn: There won't be a lot of changes. The only things that are going to be different are the floor(which will be painted, don't know which color) and in a longer period of time, the counter. Which will be an antique closet that they will adjust with lots of glass. My other boss/Margriet's husband also collected old Japanese photographs of geisha's and whatnot (1920's) to hang up the wall(don't think that's a very good idea tho, because it's not really Yohji's aestetic). I wished they would paint the walls too... But they won't.

He's in a witness protection program (rumoured to have been spotted in SF).

Uinku, any news on that opening party invitation you were going to send me? ;)

In other news.. Metz is going to carry Kris van Assche, Bijenkorf will soon carry McQ and K by Karl Lagerfeld. Thought you kids would like to know.

I'm not sure there will be an opening party... At least, I don't see Margriet doing anything like that. But if there is, I'll definately (try to) invite a few superfuturians :).

Last saturday I saw two customers which MUST have been members from superfuture. A caucasian(nice worn-out green jacket which he just threw on the ground and a beanie) and asian guy(with glasses, beanie, shirt) and they both wore nicely faded levi's, it was difficult, but I resisted the itch to ask them.

Hmm.... Velvet already sold McQ and Maison de Bonneterie already sold K by Karl Lagerfeld, but the Bijenkorf is known for it's copying behaviour anyway(they've got people supervising other shops and how much of a certain brand they sell). Don't know if I care about Kris van Assche, I'll check it out tho. Thank's for the info Tisswat, you seem to know everything about amsterdam, I'm amazed.

Now, what I would like to know is which shop is going to sell Richard Chai or Patrik Ervell! (I've tried to convince Margriet and her husband Frans to sell Patrik Ervell, but the shop has got too many labels/clothes already. And besides that, they just got Raf by Raf and now Coming Soon)

^That's Margriet! Or do you mean the Spanish woman(dark hair)?

Oh wow I didn't know it would open in the negen straatjes. I dó know they're searching for people to work there, but you need to have a driverslicense.

I'm going to have an operation next week, so I won't be able to check if the shop will open then. But definately not this week yet..

Yeah, she's nice :). She can complain like no other though(she complains about EVERYTHING you can complain about lol). But it's a lot of fun working with her.

Oh, and if you guys pass the shop, tell me what you think of the etalage(right now with the green plaid jacket and hat one). It's my first time arranging it.

Jacket sizes for guys actually DO start at size 46. And the 'secret preview' was something they did just for fun/as a joke for 1 super loyal customer. So there won't be an opening party. The shop's got approximately 180 garments in stock right now, we ordered about 280 though, so we should still receive around 25 different models.