Sign in to follow this  
homi29

why do Canadian fashion labels suck?

Canada has a decent retail scene (komakino, roden gray, nomad, tnt , reborn etc), however most Canadian labels suck.

Outside of W+H, we got crap like dsquared.

I see alot of similarities between Canada and Australia yet their brands are lightyears ahead of ours.

wtf

that's kispiox shit isn't bad.

rad hourani isn't bad. bringing food and steez to the victims.

rad hourani is canuck? i take it back, rad is alright

yeah he's from montreal.

ya true. rad is good.

i heard the guy who makes krane bags is Canadian too.

yeah he's from montreal.

Yeah the shit blew my mind when i first saw it at reborn, makes it even more likeable that its from Canada.

PUNK thanks for the info too, might just have to check them out.

I like the Naked + Famous product, good cheap denim, but the branding is really shit. and the denim has a very specificly rough and odd feeling to it as well.

we have no second amendment

I think you guys do, it just doesn't relate to guns.

Isn't it something about being able to feed poutine to a moose during the three weeks following Canada Day?

canada sucks because our national identity is "we're not american! I swear!"

you have to register all your firearms with the federal government even after you get your license. one of mine is older and has no serial, so they sent me a sticker to place on it which promptly fell off. i'm now a criminal. you would hate it here.

that's too funny

Look at all the guys from BC complaining about Canada

You guys got fucking great pot, a care free little environment that gives needles to whoever wants tghem and a great little spot by the Pacific

The fucking midwest sucks

Yeah the shit blew my mind when i first saw it at reborn, makes it even more likeable that its from Canada.

PUNK thanks for the info too, might just have to check them out.

I like the Naked + Famous product, good cheap denim, but the branding is really shit. and the denim has a very specificly rough and odd feeling to it as well.

We're getting in some styles for Fall, but it's going to be even heavier denim – 21 oz. if I recall. Honestly, it's pretty good, sturdy material and the construction is pretty good. The price point is also rather low.

lets be honest with ourselves here, Canadian anything, whether it be fashion, music, the fucking CFL or any other domestic enterprise has only suceeded within Canada

On a global scale Canada has failed to establish an identity for itself and has come to grips with that over the last little bit

Having the benefit of living in the US and being overseas has really allowed me to see how insignificant Canada is to the rest of the world

Jeremy Lang is a good Canadian designer (womenz only tho). I think there are probably some other decent womenz designers. I would guess that the lack of good men's wear stems from lack of need.

Jeremy Lang is a good Canadian designer (womenz only tho). I think there are probably some other decent womenz designers. I would guess that the lack of good men's wear stems from lack of need.

Nobody in Canadialand wants to look steezy? Would explain a lot. (5)

canada has a tiny market and little to no resources in terms of the fashion industry. People leave because it is simply easier to establish yourself in other countries. That pretty much sums it up.

Respect to those who stay though, knowing its going to be tough to make it.

One-tenth the population of the US and wayyyy colder.

Basically covering up 10% of whatever clothes with huge coats bustling inside and under cover of snow.

.....Party?

todd lynn and nicolas andreas taralis both from toronto..

didn't know this, I like both of them too.

thats not what i heard

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: duno what u mean dog?