Macbook Touch

sybaritical

shit sucks just like every mac product. mac is about taking away freedom in exchange for simplicity and prettying everything up so their brand is a status symbol for pig consumerist

wait, are we in 1967 Russian again?

shit sucks just like every mac product. mac is about taking away freedom in exchange for simplicity and prettying everything up so their brand is a status symbol for pig consumerist

oh yeah that makes sense. personally, i use macs because i like them better. but at the same time i understand some people would rather use a pc because it suits their needs better and that's cool too - to each their own. but to say mac is about "taking away freedom" and that "every mac product" sucks is just plain stupid. that's why all graphic designers, photographers, architects, IDs, editors, etc. use them right? because they're all about taking away freedom? right...

edit: oh, and what do you mean shit sucks exactly?? how would you know? it doesn't even exist yet. (well except for that 3rd party one dum posted but i'll go ahead and venture the guess that you've never even seen one of those). you mean the concept sucks?

LOL, Yeah they're taking away your freedom by allowing you to choose not to buy their products. :rolleyes:

seems like they will make it finally. But fuck, they've talked about a tablet Mac for like 8 years now, and they just add the new technology to every updated rumored version they have going. Seems like the right time now, with the touch technology they have going. I'd buy one in place of a laptop, if they are <$2000.

Are you retarded? Do you understand what Darwin is? Do you understand how Darwin, BSD, and Unix relate to Open Source. Please rethink your assumption because it couldn't be further from the truth.

lol i wouldn't count on that happening

I bet it will, I might even wager to say <$1000 for this tablet thing, maybe even <$800 if they want to get crazy, but probably not. Apple will eat the losses to sell low, but move mad units, that's how they do.

They've talked about tablet-based Macs half-seriously since the Newton, and completely seriously since the Windows-based tablets came out. Now that they have the R+D put into the 'touch' thing, have the app store and itunes store setup as a consumer death trap, the time for putting out a proper Apple-quality tablet mac has finally arrived. Touch screen between 7-10", 64GB of flash memory, iSight built-in, maybe a Superdrive. Between tomorrow and October.

sad thing is this is true. not the part about it sucking, but 99% of people who use macs don't even know about their capacity.