starching jeans

psyiko

If you want to be super repro then the starch in potatoes is the traditional way to do it...

You should boil up some potatoes, best for this would be a yukon gold or a russet.

Make sure the water is salted and boiling before you put the water in. Should take about 10 minutes at sea level, you can check if it is ready if a fork can pierce it easily.

Take the skin off and mash really well, set aside half.

With one half rub all over your jeans aiming to get a fine paste of potato all over. With the other half add butter and season to taste.

What you have now is a pair of starched jeans and some dinner.

I hope indigo doesn't cause cancer...

... could you hand me the dental floss

Quote:

I wonder what would happen if you followed the recipe?

Edited by Marcus on Oct 20, 2005 at 05:10 AM

--- Original message by Marcus on Oct 20, 2005 05:09 AM

You would have a delicious snack...

...And a f@#ked up pair fo jeans

also,

just remembered i spilt a little bit of tomato sauce on my nudie slim jims unwashed (almost a month wear) jeans last night... how should i go about cleaning? i immediatly got some water and tryed to wash it a little while still wearing them, now the area has gone that orangey colour. its fairly small, but it would be good to get it off...

And when you cats go out, do you wear your dry jeans out? im too scared because of all the smoke, and major probablitly that i will spill my booze all over them??

Also, theyre starting to smell... how do you guys keep them not smelling for 8months?!

i read febreeze?

smoke didnt penetrate most of my raws until they softened a little. i think it is the residual weaving starch that sort of keeps out the odours.

Man you have to wear them out, if you want to wear them in you have to wear them as much as possible...

Best thing for smells is to hang them in sun inside out after spraying with a little febreeze. But i went 8 months without washing mine and the smell never got bad.

starch clears up the smell a little. its probably good to flip em inside out and spray them with a smell freshener then hang em overnight.

i dont knwo how to get out the stain but i would jsut leave it. they wear how they wear, if shit spills.. leave it, if shit rips... leave it.

as far as going out and what not, i wear mine out... but im straight edge so i couldnt help you out on if im afraid to spill my booze.

Quote:

also,

just remembered i spilt a little bit of tomato sauce on my nudie slim jims unwashed (almost a month wear) jeans last night... how should i go about cleaning? i immediatly got some water and tryed to wash it a little while still wearing them, now the area has gone that orangey colour. its fairly small, but it would be good to get it off...

And when you cats go out, do you wear your dry jeans out? im too scared because of all the smoke, and major probablitly that i will spill my booze all over them??

Also, theyre starting to smell... how do you guys keep them not smelling for 8months?!

i read febreeze?

--- Original message by doke on Oct 20, 2005 04:35 PM

gettign beer stains and other alcohalic beverages wont hurt your jeans. but do wear them out, it adds to the effect of breaking them in

chwa?

• 2 months later...

^^ :|

i starch my raw denim this way:

spray a shit load of starch behind the knees, and at the crotch, run over it quickly, QUICKLY, with a hot iron, then put them on right away. you will be able to feel the dampness from the starch.

then what i do, is sit cross legged in front of my computer watching a DVD or whatever , they'll be dry before you know it, and there will be some awesome creases too.

peace.