Dior or Helmut Lang

quickmix

I'm still puzzled as to why a lot of people on this forum are sweating Dior or Helmut Lang Denim.

Seriously your not going to find anything special with these brands other than the fact that your wearing Dior or Helmut Lang. I've never ever heard anybody asking where did you get those Dior or Helmuts. Then I see a lot of people here trying to re-sell their jeans because it "doesn't fit right", bitch please. It serves you right. Thinking your the first ones on your block tor rock some shit that ain't all that. What the hell were you thingking. Your only buying into hype. I hope nobody buys them off of you and your stuck with them. Cause you just got suckered into paying a grip for nothing. You'll learn eventually that there are better choices out there. People who really have a passion for this category.

yah man, u right, we should only buy non-hyped jeans, with bad cuts!!!I totally agree with you!!Some shit is hyped I agree, but the above two brand s are not the culprits!!!

ahhh.....ahahahaha..............hgahahahhaahha......fashion................sex..................drugs............................girls.....uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........sneakers..............................................

Your right.

He started a thread about this...

Quote: Has anybody heard any information regarding the Brooklyn Mint Line. This is the Biggie Smalls line. I've heard

rumors of it launching sometime in the future but didn't get a definite answer as to how it was going to look. I hope they don't bastardize it like the Macheavelli line

From my experience is that Marc Jacobs may have great cuttings but quality wise, it sucks.

Bought MJ jeans at their Hong Kong boutique in Pacific Place a year ago, worn them for 4 months and the pockets inside the jeans are starting to rip apart due to cigarette packs.

F*ck Fashion

Damn you beat me to it.

I was going to say:

Smoking kills....

jeans

Thanks for the heads up on Marc Jacobs though. I had a problem with a pair of pants (the stiching on the sides was too loose and became visisble, the button fell off the first time I wore them, and there were little holes next to the clasps) but assumed it was isolated... Stupid me, 2 Marc Jacobs shirts still with tags, 1 Pair of pants, and nowhere to go but EBAY!

I am gettin out the Hype of APE and trying to buy some worthful stuff like Dior Homme and now u tell me Stop buying Dior homme cuz it is Hype. So, plz tell me wat should I buy in the future or if there is many superfuture member start to buy it that is call HYPE ?

I luv everything

i'll bet this guy read one thread(mine) and thought he knew it all.

i guess any brand that takes a minimalist approach to denim is a waste of money because no one will ever "know" what you're wearing. lame.

apc rocks, dior homme rocks, and oh yeah...helmut lang rocks!

Edited by denim_happy on Oct 19, 2005 at 02:31 AM

Last week I learned, along with many regular posters, that I was gay because I bought expensive jeans and now I've just learned that I buy into hype because I like dior and HL....wow....I think I'll go get some FUBU and be all manly and underground and shit

i think the word gay is used more loosely here (and in general). i don't think people are saying something is homosexual more than they are saying that it's corny. as for hype, there are a lot of hyped brands discussed on here, namely supreme and bape. i think you're safe with Dior and Helmut Lang. Helmut Lang is like Latin anyway; dead but still considered pure.

Considering Helmut Lang rarely puts out ads, has no distinguishing threading/labeling on the outside of the pants, and the washes are subtle as hell... I'm not sure where you're getting this 'hype' from. In the case of Helmut Lang, the whole point is that they *aren't* trendy. I'm not sure where your beef is...

In other news, since my birthday happened this month, I get a '25% off everything' discount at Butch Blum in Seattle. Time to buy a few HL's before they're all gone. ;_;

Guest Fade to Black
Quote:

people arent buying dior homme jeans so they cna flaunt it, they are buying them because they make great jeanbs for skinny people

--- Original message by Corbin Law on Oct 19, 2005 03:48 PM

Basically. And most people on the street won't be able to recognize the signature DH back pocket 'dart' logo anyway...so really nothing to flaunt.