Number (N)ine and Lad Musician in Paris??

baizilla

Guest Fade to Black

Hats off to you if you can pull off the look of the current N(N) season...despite me having issues with the quality relative to its pricing, in general the look is quite cool. I finally saw the clothes being worn in person when I was at i-cii yesterday, the guy who ran the shop was wearing the glittery cowboy shirt with the super slim black canvas jeans and it looked nice. Also saw some details I missed before such as blazers made of traditional fabric mixed with thrift store materials like checkered fleece, so it is not something you can achieve just by scouring secondhand shops that easily...

Nice that sounds good... I have only once seen the clothes being worn in person and that was in Tokyo's airport.. I was like, wow! That's really special... And since the whole image of N(N) has really grown on me...

But i'm not intending to pull off that current N(N) season (I don't think i could, even if i intended icon_smile_big.gif) .. i'm just looking for some nice pieces i could pair up with my DH, CDG & vintage stuff...

If they have blazers like that in Paris i would definitely have a closer look, because it sounds very interesting.. thanks for sharing info icon_smile_cool.gif

Damn it seems like an eternity ago, i last posted here on ST... tfs is much more fun icon_smile_tongue.gif

Guest Fade to Black

Well, I find that N(N) as a brand is very hard to incorporate with other brands in an outfit, even similar minded stuff like DH, vintage, Undercover...I dunno, to me it just doesn't seem right. Perhaps it's the styling of the show that has such a huge influence in dictating the collection's direction, but the N(N) 'twist,' so to speak is so unique that I think it would clash too much.

I'm still a big fan of the brand, i find the attitude and edge that goes with the clothes very fresh. And if you just want some nice basics from them, I suggest the tailored wear, they have nice basic black slim cut blazers, very razor sharp.

Good luck with your hunt!

Yeah i would not know if i can manage to incorporate it with other stuff, until i've seen what they have in Paris..

Yeah i'm a big fan too.. i was completely stunned by that S/S 05.. SO NICE.. wow

Yes thanks, but i'm first supposed to travel to Paris in mid February.. so there's plenty of time to keep an eye on the nice pieces before i actually can buy them icon_smile.gif

I so hope that they have Lad Musician there.. even though i know there's slim chances

Edited by baizilla on Oct 18, 2005 at 11:09 AM

Guest Fade to Black

Yeah...I find that the one-two punch of A/W 04-05 and S/S 05 from N(N) somewhat parallels that of DH's VotC and S/S 05, in that the first was a basic, but with a tailored twist collection whilst the second kicked the rock n roll mood into full gear. But IMO N(N) remained more consistent, as the spring collection just blew DH out of the water. Now if only the prices weren't so damn high...afterwards I've been kinda disappointed by NN, S/S 06 with its literal Axl Rose references are just terrible.

Ah well, it looks like there is a new hope in Undercover, I think that's where I'm going to invest most of my energy in the current and coming seasons.