Antwerp Graduates 08: Simon-Pierre Toussaint

antw08ma1056jh6.jpg

I'm not sure what the exact theory behind this piece is, but I like the idea. Solves having to worry about weird bunching and overall aggravation of tucked in shirts by keeping them constantly pulled against the body.

In terms of execution, the detailing might look kind of cool coming up from underneath a pair of pants / shorts. On their own, the emphasis is a little... literal?

Those shirts with underwear attached are a good idea, Just like what Servo2000 is saying.

You could wear that and don't have those weird krinkles after siting and you don't have to tuck your shirt back whole day. I am really liking this.

I'm not sure what the exact theory behind this piece is, but I like the idea. Solves having to worry about weird bunching and overall aggravation of tucked in shirts by keeping them constantly pulled against the body.

In terms of execution, the detailing might look kind of cool coming up from underneath a pair of pants / shorts. On their own, the emphasis is a little... literal?

I think it's just a simple bodysuit, no? not that there's many people putting them out for men...

the shoes are really cool. looks hella orthopedic.

I actually think that the armor is made out of some plastic or resin, the woodgrain is clearly painted on, another clue is that the grain continues on the different pieces, something wich is not possible if they were actually carved out of wood.

My guess is casted plastic/resin.

Something else, this is not bad for his google hits...

I so see his references and influences in this collection which i think is very poorly executed. I'm not likin

I see a huge Raf Simons influence here. With a little bit of Dior Couture to.. um make things "avant garde"

This collection wasn't very impressive at all (as some people said before, you can't help but associate it with Dior's coutoure collection). Especially if you compare it to the menswear collections of Romain Brau, Antonin Tron or Yu Fukumoto.

I think it's just a simple bodysuit, no? not that there's many people putting them out for men...

the shoes are really cool. looks hella orthopedic.

Basically, but I haven't seen too many bodysuits that were really clean looking nice polos on top and basically just boxer shorts on the bottom. These look to be meant to be worn with a pair of pants, whereas most bodysuits are either on their own or end up being covered (like long underwear).

Then again, I don't know a lot about bodysuits.

This collection wasn't very impressive at all (as some people said before, you can't help but associate it with Dior's coutoure collection). Especially if you compare it to the menswear collections of Romain Brau, Antonin Tron or Yu Fukumoto.

I will post those aswell, when I get around to it that is...