supermeatheads

kunk75

nice one brown, thanks

just curious, why do you use the smith machine for bench on weight if doesnt seem like you should have trouble getting up? just for a different feel?

and just curious, what do you weigh?

I use the smith machine for a different feel and usually because after weighted dips with +145, my chest, shoulders and triceps are shot

I weigh about 174 at the moment

whenever i work out, i always do a specific part that day....One day, chest, next day back, next ios shoulders, etc.

What is the benefit of doing multiple parts in one day like brown does?

after about two months, i am plateauing in muscle building but still increasing in strength...i would like muscle development as well. I need to switch up my routine i think....any suggestions?

whenever i work out, i always do a specific part that day....One day, chest, next day back, next ios shoulders, etc.

What is the benefit of doing multiple parts in one day like brown does?

after about two months, i am plateauing in muscle building but still increasing in strength...i would like muscle development as well. I need to switch up my routine i think....any suggestions?

i'm pretty sure it's a recovery thing. from what i can tell, brown seems to hit the same large muscle groups each day. so he's maximizing the wear on the muscles?

then the next day, he does new muscle groups.

the numbers for bb curls is ridiculous

mr brown: i own +rep. how much are you benching?

hey Knuck, it seems like you're in the lead (or one of them) for squats. I'm stuck at around 405-415. what's your workout plan w/ squats look like? btw, my DL is generally ok though (470+)

hey Knuck, it seems like you're in the lead (or one of them) for squats. I'm stuck at around 405-415. what's your workout plan w/ squats look like? btw, my DL is generally ok though (470+)

my max bench is only around 315 at the moment..

hopefully, it'll be around 340-350 by april..

going to be quite a task while staying under 178 though

my perception of ideal body type changed greatly. in my teenage era i really wanted to get proportions close to schwarzenegger. now the ideal type for me is something like that

12-15.jpg

or

12-13.jpg

i've got tired from dull gym excercises. now i simply run a lot and occasionally do some bench press. i feel much better now.

my perception of ideal body type changed greatly. in my teenage era i really wanted to get proportions close to schwarzenegger. now the ideal type for me is something like that

12-15.jpg

or

12-13.jpg

i've got tired from dull gym excercises. now i simply run a lot and occasionally do some bench press. i feel much better now.

I dont think either extreme is ideal. Long distance running gives you a stringy, weak body with low muscle mass and high body fat. Bodybuilding gives you slow useless beach muscles.

Olympic lifts for power is where its at:

1410872951_27bc2c3002.jpg

ResourceImage.aspx?raid=15466

hey Knucks, it seems like you're in the lead (or one of them) for squats. I'm stuck at around 405-415. what's your workout plan w/ squats look like? btw, my DL is generally ok though (470+)

I really don't have a set workout plan for squats. When all is set with classes and whatnot I probably will do another Sheiko program.

Right now I'm just doing higher rep/high weight squats.

I want to start front squatting more, but I don't know if that'll happen.

I've usually just done 5x5 for squats with good success. Right now I'm hitting 315x2x10 or something silly like that for volume

1410872951_27bc2c3002.jpg

He's the fucking man.

^^Cool maybe i'll try 5 x 5s when this regiment is done. Usually I just do straight sets and drop a rep every 3 wks

Anyone have any thoughts on behind the neck pullups (a la rocky 4 workout montage)? Every so often I do them, but does anyone think they work out the beck much differently?

any supermeatheads want to help make a simple workout routine for a small asian person? 5'7, 127 pounds

currently, i go to the gym every other day. my workout is:

run

bike

(all with three sets of 12, 10, and 8)

barbell curls

incline dumbbell curls

preacher curls

arm extensions

lateral pull downs

some rowing thing

incline press

chest press

some other chest thing

shoulder press

lateral raises

various ab workouts

bike

i'm pretty much a supernoob when it comes to working out. i usually focus on one area at a time (doing all bicep exercises, then back exercises, etc. etc.). i've seen results, but i'm not sure i'm working out effectively. halp me

If you're looking to build muscle, stay away from doing too much cardio for awhile. You are probably a hard gainer, and you need as much calories as you can get.

I would suggest going to the gym perhaps 3x a week doing a full-body routine. They are great for starting strength and mass building. Some people think going to the gym 5-6 days a week is ideal, but the truth is over-training is worse than under-training in most cases. If you do it 3 days a week, you will be better rested and your muscles will really grow.

You will want to focus on the following exercises:

The Squat

The Power Clean

The Bench Press

The Deadlift

These are your best mass and strength builders. As far as a routine, split it up into Routine A and Routine B. First week do Routine A on monday, Routine B on Wednesday and Routine A again on Friday. The next week, do Routine B on monday, Routine A on wednesday and Routine B again on friday. Continue to alternate like that.

Routine examples:

Workout A

Squats: 3 x 5

Bench Press: 3 x 5

Deadlift: 1 x 5

Dips (weighted): 2 x 5-8

Workout B

Squats: 3 x 5

Bench Press: 3 x 5

Power Clean: 3 x 5

Chin-ups: 3 x 8

You can throw in some weighted sit-ups and hyper-extensions in both routines to get your core into great shape as well. You can also add in Skullcrushers for triceps and any bicep exercise of your choosing (preacher curl, bicep curl etc.).

It's important to start off at lower weights to get your body used to it all. Then you can ramp up your intensity and really get into it.

This is just my suggestion and what worked great for me. Later on you can get into isolation exercises and like a 4-day split.

BTW most of what I posted is stuff I learned from Mark Rippetoe's book "Starting Strength".

BTW most of what I posted is stuff I learned from Mark Rippetoe's book "Starting Strength".

+1 Rippetoe's is a good starting program. I bumped my squat up from 60 to 100kg in a span of 3 months. My friend bumped his up 60 to 117.5kg in 3 months.

Phyziks' post is apparently 'powerlifting oriented' given the power cleans. There is a thread on bodybuilding.com (which is very resourceful) replacing power cleans with rows (pendlay rows, but some people get a bit anal about the usage of the name pendlay), which is apparently more 'bodybuilding' related?

Rippetoe's will get you up to speed quick. Then when you hit the wall, you can decide to move on to different flavours of training.

//looking good there knucks. You huge.

Yeah BB.com is amazing. I pretty much amassed my entire exercise and nutrition knowledge from that site.

Calvin Oscar, don't worry about getting "huge". You wont work out for a week and all of a sudden have gained 20 pounds of muscle or anything. It's very gradual. Just try out the plan I outlined, and once you hit your goals you can go a bit easier and do more cardio to lean out.

There really isn't such a thing as "toning". You can build muscle by weight lifting and proper nutrition, then use cardio and nutrition to cut your body fat percentage down. Doing that will make your muscles show through more. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thoughts welcome. I think my diet is quite airtight, but comments would be appreciated. Removed all oils from my meals. All chicken cooked steamed, all eggs boiled.

Breakfast

180g canned red alaskan salmon w/ 1 Tbsp light mayo

3 slices of wholemeal brown seeded bread

20g serving of peanut butter

200mL milk 1% skimmed

2 fish oil tablets EPA/DHA 180/120 (mg)

Green tea

Lunch

250g chicken breast (steamed w/ onion, garlic, ginger, thyme, light soy sauce)

90g brown rice (dry weight)

3 whole eggs (boiled)

salad with vinegar

200mL milk 1% skimmed

2 fish oil tablets EPA/DHA 180/120 (mg)

Tea

Half can red alaskan salmon, 1 Tbsp light mayo

2 slices wholemeal brown seeded bread

20g serving peanut butter

Half cup of green tea

Pre Workout

350mL milk 1% skimmed

25g oats

29g whey

Post Workout

30g dextrose

5g creatine

29g whey

Dinner

250g chicken breast (steamed w/ onion, garlic, ginger, thyme, light soy sauce)

2 whole eggs (boiled)

80g brown rice (dry weight)

Pre bed shake

350mL milk 1% skimmed

29g whey

Macros protein/fat/carbo : 365.06 g / 144.26 g / 308.82 g

Ratio protein/fat/carbo : 2.53 / 1 / 2.14

Total kCal for today : 4262.6 kCal