Can anyone help me find a good pair of jeans?

theory

Hi,

Im new to these forums but have been lurking for a while and finally decided to join. I kind of need help finding a pair of jeans. Don't worry, I'm not going to ask "whats the best jeans to get??!". I already know somewhat of the style of jeans that fit me well, but I'm having problems finding a good quality brand as there is an abundance of denim brands and styles mentioned on this site, and its hard to sift through the posts and know exactly what'll fit me well, simply by looking at pictures. But anyways to the point, im looking for a pair of dry selvage or one wash jeans that are mid to high rise and are slightly loose/baggy. Straight leg or slight bootcut is good. I like the leg opening to be somewhat open and not tight at the ankles. I don't like my jeans to be nut huggers, nor do I like them real baggy, just somewhat loose. My price range for these jeans can be from anywhere up to 250, although I certainly don't mind considering cheaper jeans that are of good quality icon_smile_big.gif Well thanks in advance for helping me out!

And also,

Does anyone own a pair of PRPS Selvage 5 Pocket Classic jeans? Those jeans seem to fit my style and I was wondering if anyone had opinions regarding these jeans?

Edited by theory on Oct 12, 2005 at 12:46 AM

I know how hard it can be - I am a bit of a jeans addict myself although I don't have a thing about selvedge or the loom used or the stitching - although it's very interesting to learn about all these things here as it does help to point you in the right direction but for me, it's all about the fit.

I would suggest you look at nudie jeans - their regular ralf fits your requirements perfectly.

PRPS are lovely but I personally don't like all the rips and tears they put on but I like their details such as the rivets and colours of the fly buttons.

Also, you can't go far wrong with Diesel you know. Some are a bit snobby about Diesel but I have several pairs and still like the fit.

I have just bought some Dior Homme black jeans, I almost cried at the price, but boy do they fit good. Not as tight as some skinny jeans and I know there're cheaper out there but none had the same fit and detail as the Dior Homme - the Levis had funny rips in them and copper coloured rivets and silver buttons and the acne just didn't fit as well. The Dior Homme are all black - rivets, buttons - the lot and I like that! Well, I should do as I just paid out £250 for 'em.

But I digress - you're not after skinny so go for nudie or Diesel that's my advice.

Yea, I actually own a pair of Regular Ralph Greycast. The jeans look awesome but the style doesn't fit me very well. I'm a decently tall guy about 6 foot and the jeans look a bit unproportionate to my body. I haven't owned any diesels though, I'll probably look into it. The reason, I ask for people's help is because many of the brands mentioned on this site aren't readily available in my area. And you most certainly won't find any selvage at my local mall, and this happens to be the second biggest mall in America. icon_smile_sad.gif In fact, most of the labels mentioned, I can only aquire through the internet, therefore I want to make the most informed decision before I drop a couple hundred on jeans. Returns on the internet can be a bitch...

Edited by theory on Oct 12, 2005 at 01:36 PM