Carter III

shwanger

Guest Methimphibian

Great CD, I don't know if I like it more than carter 2 still un-decided.

For those that want it:

Disc: 1

01. 3 PEAT

02. MR. CARTER - FEAT. JAYZ

03. A MILLI

04. GOT MONEY - FEAT. TPAIN

05. COMFORTABLE - FEAT. BABYFACE

06. PHONE HOME

07. DR. CARTER

08. TIE MY HANDS - FEAT. ROBIN THICKE

09. SHOOT ME DOWN FEAT. - D.SMIH

10. PLAYN WITH FIRE FEAT. - BETTY WRIGHT

11. LOLLIPOP FEAT. - STATIC MAJOR

12. LA FEAT. - BRISCO, BUSTA RHYMES

13. GOOD GIRL GONE BAD

14. YOU AINT GOT NUTHIN ON ME - FABOLOUS, JUELZ SANTANA

15. LET THE BEAT BUILD

16. WHIP IT

17. MISUNDERSTOOD

http://rapidshare.com/files/119138242/Backup310508.rar

track 13 seems to be missing on the leaked joints for some reason~

solid release in my opinion. a lot of the same witty, idon'tgiveafuck type delivery, his mean ass swagger is ever present... a couple slow jams for the broads... some fun experimental tracks, good cameos. there's something for everyone on here. a very smart release for wayne.

album had great production but was incohesive, it's like graduation

stupid funny analogies of course

but most times his voice snarlin dat loco rap gets annoying, like how did

the heads clear that for the album? some mixtape verses were better

new trackz i lyk 3 peat, mr, dr carter, let the beat build

and santana's verse

i'm actually so disappointed. the tracks that originally leaked back in mid 2007 (la la la, i'm a beast, diamonds and girls, feel like dying, etc, etc) would have been a better album. fuck vocoders, fuck his slow jamz. what happened to the block is hot?

Although I haven enjoyed listening to the album the latest few days I'm not overwhelmed since there are list 30 or so killer tracks which have been released since the Carter II which even aren't on Carter III. Those who have listened to mixtapes like the Drought 3, The Leak, Suffix, Dedication 2 and "I can't feel my face" just to name a few know what I'm talking about. Weezy is so much more than the albums in your retail stores.

1. his mixtapes are better than this album 2. im not a fan lol 3. with all this hype id atleast like to hear a near classic album album is just lacking to me.. would not buy it in stores.. and oh yeah Corey Gunz murdered him on his "Milli" track thats why he didn't put him on the album ahah see for yourself http://youtube.com/watch?v=hrni3GDGQt0

i agree it's dope

some of his mixtapes are definitely more interesting, and maybe more consistent (there's plenty i haven't heard)

i definitely think it's an attempt at a more commercial sound/posture

even though he's always sold pretty well, i wonder if he took 50's shittalking seriously, and now he wants to move major units to go along with all the critical hype

also, i'm pretty sure he knew some of these tracks would add fuel to the homo-rumor fire

is he trying to become the morrissey of rap or something?

[ll]

damn it the link got deleted. can some one post teh link again, i kinda wanna hear this, while not paying for it

[edit]

nevermind found it, listen to it later

on some real shit... had the carter 3 sessions not leaked, everything from the leak/leak 2/some of the later droughts, would have made this album 5x platinum. EASY. the album feels a bit weaker on the whole, but then you realize the amount of shit this dude has put out recently for this album that didn't even make it on there. ridiculous

On realtalk they're sayin even w/ the leak he's going to sell a mil in his first week...i don't know about that...i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

He has a good chance of selling a million. The dude is very hot right now, just visit. Every single song he's made is on day, he has made normal people get involved in listening to mixtapes and such. The guys is a cult.