Beat Poet R.U.I.N.S F/W 08.09

jcotteri

Just wanted to put this in here as these guys are one of my favourite Australian designers and i feel they deserve thier own thread. perhaps even introduce some new people to it.

Info:

The house of Beat Poët emerged from the German label Punkt Linie Fläche in early 2005.

Starting with a humble accessories line, there was immediate demand for a full ready-to-wear collection following the launch in April of the same year.

In July 2005, the studio relocated to Melbourne and launched the Spring/Summer component of it's debut collection entitled Eighty Slaves. The following year the company migrated to Sydney to launch the Autumn/Winter component of the Eighty Slaves range. The label is now permanently based in Sydney and will be launching a new collection later this year.

Plans are underway to incorporate several new lines under the

Beat Poët Group including publishing, men's shoes,

luggage, limited edition pieces and more...

Thought and comments, good or bad are of course welcome

1.jpg5.jpg7.jpg

9.jpg11.jpg13.jpg

14.jpg16.jpg17.jpg

one of my favourite aussie designers too. love the shirts and accessories. would have bought one of the coats this season as well, really nice wool and a good clean design but unfortunately it was too big on me. not really a fan of the prints though...

one of my favourite aussie designers too. love the shirts and accessories. would have bought one of the coats this season as well, really nice wool and a good clean design but unfortunately it was too big on me. not really a fan of the prints though...

yeh i got the coat and some of the tee's and some other accessories..

I really like the darted tees. I think that the prints are really clean and simple.. suits my taste and what i wear.

I am yet to see the jewelery in person, as i believe alot of it is still in construction but they are all hand made and quite nice..

13.jpg

14.jpg

Any info on this shirt and the necklace? Is that a necklace, or is it attached?

+rep for starting this thread

here are some excellent links to some high quality pictures of various items including the jewelery: This is a brisbane stockist who has a lovely blog showing many of the items they recieve.

Fop Bow Tie and Trinity necklace/bracelet

http://violentgreen.blogspot.com/2008/05/beat-poet-ruins-autumnwinter-2008.html

Crossover Grosgrain Bow Tie, Tees and Silk Cravat

http://violentgreen.blogspot.com/2008/04/beat-poet-ruins-autumnwinter-2008_24.html

Ressurection Tie and Sleeve Gloves

http://violentgreen.blogspot.com/2008/04/beat-poet-ruins-autumnwinter-2008.html

Morning Shirt and Loop Scarf

http://violentgreen.blogspot.com/2008/04/beat-poet.html

Pencil and Bob Tie

http://violentgreen.blogspot.com/2008/03/beat-poet-winter-2008-accessories.html

Tees, Button Ups and Ressurection D Coat

http://violentgreen.blogspot.com/2008/03/beat-poet-sydney.html

DJI - so this has all dropped in Melbourne?

Incu apparently stocks it up here in Sydney, but I havnt seen or heard anything about BP in there for a while. I'l have to check Our Spot out.

Any Sydney people seen/heard about drops here?

when will squares and triangles stop? srsly? there were like 2 other designers within the past season who i've seen do shirts that look like that or very similar.

the st. andrews cross is awesome though.

i'm still awaiting servo to chime in "oh look, another one."

yes this is true :)

But their other designes such as the Benzedrine better examples

Incu apparently stocks it up here in Sydney, but I havnt seen or heard anything about BP in there for a while. I'l have to check Our Spot out.

Any Sydney people seen/heard about drops here?

check out ourspot but i reckon they might have sold out out of alot of it.

also check out Dorby Den

I haven't been to the local shops for a couple of weeks, but last I saw most of the F/W collection was in at fat and alice euphemia. alice generally stocks most, if not all, of beat poet's collection.

when will squares and triangles stop? srsly? there were like 2 other designers within the past season who i've seen do shirts that look like that or very similar.

the st. andrews cross is awesome though.

i'm still awaiting servo to chime in "oh look, another one."

seriously, euclidean geometry is so previous level, i'm ready for CoN to jump on some hyperbolic prints

on the real though im a trig/calc geek and i love seeing prints like these

I haven't been to the local shops for a couple of weeks, but last I saw most of the F/W collection was in at fat and alice euphemia. alice generally stocks most, if not all, of beat poet's collection.

how much are the coats generally?

didnt know they were coming out with footwear; will be waiting for that one

Beat Poet's SS 08 09 collection, Desert And Fog is not available in runway pictures, i do have a couple images but they do not do any justice for the items.

The collection is great, with a few lighter items such as the S.A.F Shirt Jacket. ( Image attached )

Looks to be really great.

Also some Tall Shirts that look to be a great summer piece.

SAFShirtjacket.jpg

i haven't yet but we've spoken at depth about slowly bringing the brand into the US i'm looking to potentially open anywhere between 5-7 accounts in the North American market for the upcoming season. I'm also working with Who Am Eye and Stolen Girlfriends Club to slowly bring the names into the US market with the right boutiques and press.