Favourite Graphic Artists

Matic

I guess this ones all about graphic artists that are inspiring you at the moment, driving you in what you do, or just new stuff you are seeing around that you like the looka.

For me right now it's tokyo based Nagi Noda, part of the Japanese new wave. She's been active in art direction for campaigns with the likes of Nike, Coca Cola and Laforet Tokyo, and short film direction as well as a whole lot of other stuff. She's got a fashion label with Mark Ryden that started up in 2007 called BROKEN LABEL that stocks at colette paris. She's worth lookin up if you're interested in anything graphic art - try searching for Uchu Country, thats her HQ.

Anybody got some names to share?

yeah graphic design, graphic artists much the same....iv fallen into the habit of calling them graphic artists cos of the number of fields that they tend to work across - graphic design seems a bit too restricted to me.

Moving along, I like the look of Yozo Hamaguchi - havnt looked at much mezotint

but looks like he's a good place to start! Very nice indeed, thanks for sharing!

some Nagi Noda: Paperbag for Laforet, shadows for Laforet in "Animal Girl" show/short film.

post_143a.jpg