superfuture :: supertalk > supertalk > supertrash > Gas mask

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P0AZIFmkogY

fast forward to 2:30 although it's a good video/song so you may as well listen to all of it.

+ rep for this thread. That first picture is jaw dropping.

I love gasmasks, tho I don't own any. I went to a yardsale the other day and there were several there but all were missing a piece or two.

I was telling my neighbor about my fascination with them and she asked me, "Would you ever think of going out one night masked, wearing it the whole evening?" (She's a necro/goth/industrial person - a little weirder than most). I said no mainly because it would be fucking hot, but I'm a still little intrigued by it.

I am a little bit older than most people on this board (29) and I grew up on the Star Wars movies. Vader was always my favorite (Solo a close second), but I liked the stormtroopers a lot, too. A mask (obviously) hides your emotions from others. It turned the stormtroopers into automotons: nameless and faceless. Vader's mask makes him... cold. And cruel/detatched.

Maybe part of my fascination with masks is wanting to disguise my feelings from others? I dunno.

Jesus, I'm rambling. Just smoked some OG Kush and I am LIT!:o