The French community.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and freecat it's written on you profile that you like watches...

My dad want's to buy me a watch for my 18th birthday...

I was thinking of Bell&Ross or a Dior Chiffre Rouge...

Do you have any sugestion.

Thanks!!

choose the bell & ross lucky motherfucker ;)

choose the bell & ross lucky motherfucker ;)

Why???

See i can't choose i want them both... (and i don't want to spendt my money on watches....)

I really don't know what to do....

Well I'm going to go to the store... Try them one and decide...

But if anyone knows a technical difference that would be cool!

I'd get an Omega Speedmaster or a Sinn, but it's my personnal tastes :D ! I'm too tired right now to make a selectino for you. Try chronomania or forumamontres forums for more ideas and advices ;) !

The 2 watch you like have in common to be somehow overpriced because the movement in it is not as good compared to the price. It's up to you, if you want to have a steezy watch that may not be steezy anymore in 10 years with a low end movement, or an immortal watch with a real movement.

choose Bell&Ross, it's a much better choice if you want it to last.

But if you just want style, Dior watches are fine, although some Gucci watches look better (the Pantheon one), and have almost the same movement.

i see, though the movements are not that better on the Sinns, it's just more original. But imo, get the Dior, B&R is overhyped.

ES Spé anglais section européenne (3 orals...)

Fuuma, I love the film "Les Clefs de Bagnoles", but i don't say it to everyone ahah. I don't feel JCVD that much but it could be serious fun.

" Ce n'est pas moi qui parle...c'est nous qui parlons. " J.C. VanDamme

"Je suis fascine par l'air. Si on enlevait l'air du ciel, tous les oiseaux tomberaient par terre....Et les avions aussi.... En meme temps l'air tu peux pas le toucher...ca existe et ca existe pas...Ca nourrit l'homme sans qu'il ait faim...It's magic...L'air c'est beau en meme temps tu peux pas le voir, c'est doux et tu peux pas le toucher.....L'air c'est un peu comme mon cerveau... " JCVD

But he is not french, he is from belgium.

The filmaker is french and it's a France/Belgium co-production so this counts as a french film. I mean if JCVD makes an american movie it's not a Belgian movie because he's starring in it, is it?

Don't get your hopes to high...

Oh and I recently saw:

Ca$h

MR73

Disco

Sans armes, ni haine, ni violence

and a bunch of 2007 films, the standouts being Les chansons d'amour and Truands. I like Marchal a lot but MR73 was not up to the standard for popular entertainment he set with his last film.

I saw MR73 and liked it a lot. Not feeling the other ones though, i'll wait for them to come on tv in a couple of years.

are french movies any good??

I nerver watch them....

I only watch american movies with awesome cars... ( death proof, gone in 60 seconds, vanishing point...) but yeah sometimes i watch french movies but only with Louis de Funés...

Those from the 50s and 60s are my favourites but there are still some pretty good filmmakers working today, to be honest I hardly care about cars or special effects and listen to very little contemporary American movies so I’m not sure I can possibly suggest an equivalent. Right now I’m watching a bunch of French movies made in the last 3-4 yrs but I’m usually not that up to date on movies from anywhere, including French ones.

Some filmmakers working today:

-Arnaud Desplechin: quite intellectual and verbose though, helps if you’re familiar with mythology, philosophy and psychoanalysis

-Olivier Marchal: an ex cop that directs (and acts in) hard-boiled, gut wrenching cop/gangster movies.

-Florent Emilio Siris: directed some stuff in Hollywood, good action director, his best work is l’ennemi intime where you follow a squad during the Algerian “warâ€. You might also enjoy Nid de guêpes, as it’s an American-style fast paced action movie.

-Agnès Jaoui: character driven films pondering human relationship without being tedious or heavy handed.

-François Ozon: an excellent director of actresses with a cutting wit and a mean, almost detached, streak

-Christophe Honoré; this guy is quite promising, I loved “les chansons d’amour†and it’s a fucking musical comedy (although quite modern). Gonna watch “dans parisâ€, another of his movies, this week. He appears to operate in a referential plane where the French new wave coexists with contemporary concerns, not a bad way to make films if you ask me.

There's a bunch others my memory just fails me