Recommend me some nice scarves for winter

DJ_Flame

If you want like a plain scarf I'd say go to like Barneys and pick up one of their department scarfs. They usually run like 100 for merino wool, like 200 for cashmere and they come in a large assortment of colors. You can get them on sale alot of times also. Especially in warehouse sales and end of season sales.

If you want like a big branded scarf, D&G seems really popular. If anything, I recommend varvatos. I got a "cashwool" varvatos scarf for christmas and it is super soft. I love it.

Edited by obladi on Sep 16, 2005 at 07:47 PM

Quote:

63_1_b.JPG

wear this with some camo gear or some of the nom de guerre arabic print stuff and you're all set

--- Original message by genemachine on Sep 16, 2005 07:33 PM

camo is DEAD. that outfit is seriously retarded. if you wore that 'scarf' with like, flat front pants and a black m65 it would be kinda fresh. but still, that thing is pretty overdone.

korn feat. ice cube

Edited by werdtoyourmoms on Sep 16, 2005 at 09:26 PM

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:

im looking for that arabic print scarf, i want a red one. where can i find these?i recently saw one made by neightborhood i might have seen the nom de guerre one before. anyone have a link? i cant find it on the net.

--- Original message by soleindahole on Oct 15, 2005 12:07 PM

NDG...

screen15.jpg

Quote: im looking for that arabic print scarf, i want a red one. where can i find these?i recently saw one made by neightborhood i might have seen the nom de guerre one before. anyone have a link? i cant find it on the net.

You can have mine.

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

Seriously, the whole Palestine scarf thing was like spring/summer 2004. You're guys are not serious are you??

Instead, get something made of (expensive) wool/cajmere - grey or dark colors. Keep it simple, warm and subtle.

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

"whaah...that was last year's hot trend, waaaaah."

"you can't be serious with that taste of yours...it's soooo ONE year ago..."

waaah, waaah waah.

if you like it, rock it. sometimes shit gets so ubiquitous that it stays fresh. camo ain't dead, it could never be dead. everyone on some level loves camo whether they admit it or not. if anything is 'dead' it's people trying to convince everyone around them that THEY have the dopest tastes. get over yourself. if anyone on this site was really a fresh designer, they'd be out there designing, not talking about what to wear and what not to wear.

"arab print" scarves (they're called shimagh scarves, or as the American military calls them..."Osama's") are great...if not for the fashion aspect, then pure functionality. they weren't any 'cooler' last year than they were this year, or two years ago for that matter. they been getting love from the five percenter brooklyn hiphop sect since...oh, i don't know...around 1982. they keep you cool in the desert sun (doesn't apply to most of you britfag queens), and warm in the winter. and they're usually long and not itchy. you can wrap once, twice, cover your head, neck, grill. them shits are really long sometimes.

instead of looking at overused outfits *"wear it with an M65!* (snore) and regurgitating the same too-often-recycled styles of the last 5-10 years, get creative, do what you feel, and if you like it, incorporate it into your own style.

shimagh + peacoat + ugly cords + hightop Pony's could equal something magical if you simply have a sense of self. stop caring about following the trends and go cop good items. camo had endless possibilities, as do accessories oft associated with certain looks (i.e. shimagh scarves with military garb).

oh, and for any suckers paying $145 for a shimagh at NDG...they never go for more than $10 if you know where to look.

~multiflavored RodLavers~

http://abelnyc.com

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

Good post ^^^ someone needed to finally say it. Too many uninformed, boring and BS unoriginal opinions dominating this board as of late.

BTW the look goes back even further than '82 however, '70s punks were rocking them also. Guess that's where all the labels these days are mining their styles from.

Quote:

"whaah...that was last year's hot trend, waaaaah."

"you can't be serious with that taste of yours...it's soooo ONE year ago..."

waaah, waaah waah.

if you like it, rock it. sometimes shit gets so ubiquitous that it stays fresh. camo ain't dead, it could never be dead. everyone on some level loves camo whether they admit it or not. if anything is 'dead' it's people trying to convince everyone around them that THEY have the dopest tastes. get over yourself. if anyone on this site was really a fresh designer, they'd be out there designing, not talking about what to wear and what not to wear.

"arab print" scarves (they're called shimagh scarves, or as the American military calls them..."Osama's") are great...if not for the fashion aspect, then pure functionality. they weren't any 'cooler' last year than they were this year, or two years ago for that matter. they been getting love from the five percenter brooklyn hiphop sect since...oh, i don't know...around 1982. they keep you cool in the desert sun (doesn't apply to most of you britfag queens), and warm in the winter. and they're usually long and not itchy. you can wrap once, twice, cover your head, neck, grill. them shits are really long sometimes.

instead of looking at overused outfits *"wear it with an M65!* (snore) and regurgitating the same too-often-recycled styles of the last 5-10 years, get creative, do what you feel, and if you like it, incorporate it into your own style.

shimagh + peacoat + ugly cords + hightop Pony's could equal something magical if you simply have a sense of self. stop caring about following the trends and go cop good items. camo had endless possibilities, as do accessories oft associated with certain looks (i.e. shimagh scarves with military garb).

oh, and for any suckers paying $145 for a shimagh at NDG...they never go for more than $10 if you know where to look.

--- Original message by ABELnyc on Oct 16, 2005 06:21 AM

yeah man, all i really want is info on how to get the damn scarf. i didnt ask for the extra bullshit opinions . just want to know where to get the damn thing. jeez lol.icon_smile_big.gif

hee hee ^^^

must...copy...masses...need scarf...must identify with cutting edge ripoff artists...saw in magazine...need to be associated with androgenous highpriced boutique...closet need more items of the now...need to feel down...

sorry holmes, if i thought you'd benefit from knowing where to cop one, i would tell you. but i don't, so i won't. looks like it's all-you-can-eat opinions on this end, sorry mang.

jeez lol.

~multiflavored RodLavers~

http://abelnyc.com

ALPHA/BRAVO/ECHO/LIMA

Quote:

hee hee ^^^

must...copy...masses...need scarf...must identify with cutting edge ripoff artists...saw in magazine...need to be associated with androgenous highpriced boutique...closet need more items of the now...need to feel down...

sorry holmes, if i thought you'd benefit from knowing where to cop one, i would tell you. but i don't, so i won't. looks like it's all-you-can-eat opinions on this end, sorry mang.

jeez lol.

--- Original message by ABELnyc on Oct 16, 2005 11:38 PM

what a fag.

A shemagh is 12 bucks in NYC. LES has arab vendors near the Recon store, I purchased one back in March and they look straight fire. In the case you dont find vendors in the LES area, hop on a train to 29st and broadway, arab street vendors GALORE.

fugetaboutit!