Best place for a mens haircut in NYC? Suggestions Please!

KFC ONE

I'm in need of a GREAT haircut.

I'm sick of the mediocre fools that I've been bouncing between for the last 2 years and I'm equally as fed up with any tapers and fades I could get from the barber shop down the block.

I'm not looking for something trendy or anything conservative...just a simply a fantastic cut and style.

Currently I need a fix on a butcher job received last night ...but beyond that I'm looking for a place to consistenly feel good about going back to for return visits.

Anyone out there have a place/person they love in NYC? Approx cost would be helpful too!

Thanks!

(was also posted in Super Jetset by mistake)

Paul Mole (pronounced moe-lay) on 75th & Lexington.

Very experienced, upper class clientele.

about $25 per cut.

If your on Long Island go to

Vito's Hair Salon

55 Glen Head Road

(located 1 block from the Glen Head station on the LIRR)

Ask for Roberto, he used to work at Paul Mole and opened his own shop.

He does great cuts and his straight razor hot towel shave is the best by far.

Can I ask you something? These sunglasses: they're really nice. Are they like government issue, or do you guys all go to the same store together?

I'm asian, so I try to steer clear from salons that typically handle just caucasian hair cuz asian hair tends to be different in texture, composition, etc. I've gone to hairmates in downtown twice so far and have been very satisfied. The price is more expensive than your average barber ($35) but its cheaper than going to a high-end glitsy salon and they give great service (shampoo before and after + blowdry + styling). Ask for April, she's pretty good.

http://www.hairmates-ny.com/downtownj.htm

Hair Kuwayama, 10th Street btw Second and First Aves. Same price range as Hairmates and Hoshi Coupe. I haven't tried hairmates yet. I think Hair Kuwayama is better than Hoshi Coupe because it's easier to communicate with the hair stylists. In Hoshi Coupe, language can be a barrier. But I've been very satisfied with the cuts I got from Hair Kuwayama. Seiko is my girl.