Beginner 2 the whole credit card thing

Thakidfrombk

i wouldn't apply to too many, if you are starting off, just get 1 card, then you can diversify your credit cards, visa, master, amex, discover later. do not open those store credit cards, those will shave a good amount off your credit score, unless really worth it. 10% off 100 is nothing, knowing how much it'll hurt your credit.

Sticking with debit cards is good advice. If you're set on getting a credit card, get one with a low limit (so you can't overspend by too much if you do forget yourself) and try to pay off the balance every bill. Shit can get out of control very fast, I know people who've spent five or six years trying to claw their way out from under credit card debt that they amassed in no time while in their late teens / early twenties.

Oh yeah, and don't fool yourself into thinking that you won't be tempted to buy shit that you can't afford when that card is sitting in your wallet.

GET AS MANY AS YOU CAN MAX ALL THEM SHITS OUT AND PAY THE MINIMUMS..

YOU WILL GET SO MANY CARDS LIKE THIS... MAX ALL OF THOSE OUT TOO..

THEN PAY EM OFF (20-30 YEARS OR JUST FILE BK)

8,900 AT BWS NYC

3,500 AT FIGHT CLUB

1,800 AT TOY TOKYO

7,000 AT SUPREME

195,000 AT BENTLY MOTERS

189,000 AT JACOB&CO

YOU ARE SO FITTED..

HOPE YOU GET IT LATER...

Yeah, I just recently got a credit card. Try and get a student credit card. Reasonable interest rates and low limit. I think my limit is under a thousand. As for the whole temptation thing I only use my card when its necessary, other then that I use debit or cash for everything.

"Patience, both we and our words are overproduced by influence"

ive had the amex blue student card but

i realized ive been spending a lot...

my friend just told me about the 5% cash back AMEX blue so

i just switched. you can't get the 5% unless you pay off the balance every month.

i never delay my payments so it's a good thing for me

admitting to be a professional in this matter might be a detriment, but here's the skinny...

a. if your a student, get a student card with your bank...they'll probably gift wrap it and serve you wine and cheese while you fill out the form...they want to hook into you as soon as possible...

b. if they say you can't have one because you have no credit.....go to a department store get one there...buy some socks or some shit and PAY IT OFF IN FULL AT THE END OF THE MONTH...do this for a few months...three...pay it off and cut it up...go to the bank and get a real card...no matter what...you're gonna end up paying 18-23% interest...there is a card for everyone...choose one that will suit your lifestyle...carry a balance?...go for low interest cards irregardless of the annual fee...if you're responsible and pay off in full at the end of the month...go for premium card like a gold or something...if you wanna really play the finance game...and you're thingking that you wann buy a new home entertainment system in the future or that power mac you've been eying here's a ceredit plan for you...

get a basic card...the limit is not an issue in the beginning just getting the privilige is enough...use it and pay it of in full every month for at least 6 months...then ask for a credit limit increase...go nuts...get that big ticket item...pay it off over time...make the minimums and your good to go...

ask the card issuer if there's "performance pricing".... that means if you've missed a payment they have the right to raise your interest rate....

and remember "credit makes the world go'round....