Adding Rivets to Jeans

Jim Cissell

I was hoping someone would know where there was a business to send jeans to get copper rivets custom-placed where you wanted them.

I've checked periodically with the flagship Levi's store in SF (they have an in-house 'shop' there that does some custom work such as this) but they haven't gotten any Levi's branded rivets in there for over a year now, so, no rivets.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas...

Thanks,

Jim

This is actually quite easy to do yourself, you can buy these diy kits, that include everything and are really not expensive, all you would need is a hammer.

They have different sets with different sizes and colours of rivets, they won't be as nice as what you normally get on your jeans, but it does the job and atleast you don't have to ship your jeans around.

well, on say lvc theres visible "tufts" of denim on the outside, but ive seen some pace for instance where the rivet just seem to pinch the denim, and the rivet is solid on the outside...i had the impression that that kind of rivet doesnt actually piece the denim, but maybe its just another construction..

there are different types, the ones where you have a tuft of denim is like a small donut looking thing that they hammer a nail looking thing through, because of the pressure the nail looking thing flattens and it holds the donut thing in place, and the other ones have a cap with a space for the nail looking thing and then the hammering sort of expands the nail inside the cap.

You'll need a hole in the denim otherwise the two side won't be able to stay together.

or atleast I don't know of rivest that don't need a hole...

Very basicly explained...

That's your basic rivets for ya...