raw denim for curves/booty

sark

what would be my best bet raw denim for a curvy figure? i have a relatively narrow waist, but have more of a booty - i own jeans in every size from a 27 (joe's) through to a 30 (denimbirds), but hate that jeans that fit correctly when standing still result in plumber's butt when seated. the denimbirds are actually great in the back, but i would love something with plainer pockets. are there any raw denim jeans with a higher back rise? i would love something that isn't super tight in the leg, but that still narrrows to around 13" at the leg opening . . .

Oh boy...here we go.

Japanese girls aren't known for their curvy bodies, so Japanese denim will be a difficult find. I would check out the Slings & Stones, as recommended, and I think Sugarcane has some ladies models that would allow for some curve.

edit - examples:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=191

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=214

Some non-selvedge, but raw denim, that might work are:

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=NUDI-WJ3&c=Nudie+Jeans&d=5

A few different options for the Sling and Stones Rebecca

http://www.revolveclothing.com/brandpages/SlingandStones.jsp?&d=5

Good Society also has some raw denim and is from the same guys as Sling and Stones. Some of the APC unisex cuts might work too.

Oh boy...here we go.

Japanese girls aren't known for their curvy bodies, so Japanese denim will be a difficult find. I would check out the Slings & Stones, as recommended, and I think Sugarcane has some ladies models that would allow for some curve.

edit - examples:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=191

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=214

Sugar Cane also makes a line (Star Union IIRC) that fits women a bit better. I got my sister a pair for christmas actually. Give Self Edge a call and ask if any of them would fit your requirements.

My girl friend has a similar body type and she tried on a pair of Sling and Stones Rebeccas when we were at Self Edge, and they really looked amazing on her. I'd definitely look into those.

do you know what size she tried on/what size she is in other jeans? i'm thinking of just ordering online . . .

i know she tried on a 28, but i dont know what size she wears in other jeans. i would measure jeans that fit you in the waist and thighs, and then call self edge with those numbers and ask them to help you out. they are extremely helpful when it comes to those kind of things.

ive never seen any denimbirds in person, so im just assuming, but couldnt you just remove the stitching, i know that is a bit of a hassle. but, anyway, as a card carrying ass-man i think those look good on you. going for a thicker denim is no good as they are not as flattering as a thinner denim, imo.

also to teh other cat, true religion back pockets are not flattering, they make teh booty look flatter, even the mall fashion chicks at my work know this. oh well 5 star thread!

the selfedge x sugarcane is a good one too. like im one hell of a skinny guy with a small butt, but the rise on that is low and it's a skinny fit so it gave me one hell of an ass. thankfully the waist was wide enough to hang low on my hip or my balls wouldve died. but i think for you 27 would be good on you if you're ever considering to get it.

here's a pic for reference

6"0" 135lbs.

size 28

CIMG1733.jpg

CIMG1729.jpg

tried on some sling & stones and good society jeans today . . . the good society were way too low in the back, and sizing up just meant that they were too huge in the waist (the 29 was fitted, but i could almost pull the 30 down without undoing the button!) the 29 s&s rachel was ok (still a touch low), but they didn't have the raw denim, and i'm not crazy about the washed ones - plus they're way too $$$ not to love them. someone suggested trying the nudie thin finns since they have a higher rise - any thoughts? can a men's jean work on a girl with hips and a butt?

So you are looking for a jean that is higher rise so they cover you enough when seated; and room in the ass-area to accomodate curves. I wonder if it would work to try some LVC or repro levis-style jeans. Although a menswear style, it sounds like the high rise and anti-fit ass is basically what you are looking for. The only problem I see would be that while everything might fit at the waist area, the legs and opening at the bottom might be too loose, and not slim enough.

I would try on a pair, maybe a tapered slim fit based on the 501-style, like skull 5010xx, somet or john bull. Size down for a nice slim fit, and see how they work out. May be what you are looking for...

I have a similar issue with having Booty and hips. I agree with the Skull 5010xx idea, though I must say stretching them was tough in the hip area since they are a mans cut. But once they stretched they where perfect. No ass cleavage either, so they are a good one.

I am not good on Nudie fits as I have only owned one pair of slim kims for 20 minutes...I am not a real fan of Nudie just personal preference.

PLease underestimate...I LOVE THOSE SeXsc!!!!!!

I am wanting those as a next pair.

I have a similar body type and I have a few suggestions

1. Skull Lindas as posted above (amazing imo)

2. Sling and Stones Sara

3. Nudie Tight Long John (super slim and stretchy, however not a lot of nudie love here)

4. APC Hipsters (I tried New Standards and they were so slim through the hips...)

PM me if you want additional help

P.S. It sounds like you are a 28 in most things...I would go with that size but measurements are always best.

thanks for all of the suggestions - definitely going to have to make a trip to BiG and Flying A to try on men's jeans! in the meantime though, i finally took the plunge and got the denimbirds (dry stretch straight leg) in the photo tapered in the calf - i just wasn't wearing the straight leg jean at all (esp since without hemming they dragged, didn't look good cuffed, and didn't want to hem them before the raw denim had been washed). i took them to stanton tailor here in nyc and they did an incredible job - you can't even tell that they were originally straight! they're now a slim leg that tapers to a 13" opening - my new favorite jeans by far, and all for $10!

Isoform... I forgot to note that I have the grey full selvage Skull 5010xx, which have the coolest pink undertone to the denim, I have seen pictures of the fade and it is phenomenal. Anyways here is the same pic I posted in what are you wearing some time ago, with another showing hip fit when they where still fresh. I am usually around a size 27 and had to size up to a 29 in these. They where snug......I had read that a lot of the guys where having trouble with the sizing as well as they fit different then the 5010xx raws. They stretched nicely though and I am glad I went with the size I did. Any smaller and I would not have fit my hips in there.. ;)

BTW Isoform...Thanks for the sizing info on the jeanshops!! I got them and they fit perfect. Beautiful jeans but very heavy.

dsc02417jf4.jpg

dsc02408ij8.jpg