mid price range slim fitting dress shirts.

allplay

Polo custom fit shirts are not very slim in the body at all. Charles Tyrwhitt makes a "fitted" shirt but they aren't very slim. Thomas Pink slim fit? I don't think so. Their idea of slim is like 5"8 185lbs, 34 inch waist. I'm 6" 160 (broad shoulders and 30-31 inch waist) and generic brands' version of "slim fit" is never slim enough for me.

As for Ted Baker, their shirts are definitely slim enough for me. I can't speak for all of their shirts though, as I have only tried on 3 different ones (I bought them all because of their fit). The torso was cut slim and the arm holes were nice and high, which eliminated all of the extra, unnecessary fabric on the shirt. If you live in the NYC area you should just go to the Ted Baker store on Broome St. Sometimes you can find the shirts on sale for as low as $70.

If you are lucky enough to catch Paul Smith on sale (I was able to in June) you can pick up shirts at the PS store on 5th ave. for about $125. Still expensive for some, but I can say its worth it.

You can also pay a visit to your local tailor if you get fed up.