Thom Browne NY F/W 08.09

goldengloves

I agree this collection is fun and all, but I get this feeling that even though he put some craziness into this collection it's still pretty much a rehash of his previous collections which has been common critique I've been reading since then.. Til now. I don't see anything new. Still the same old same old Thom browne...

With Eric Glennie undertones... haha

00340m.jpg

I want to see somethign completely new from Mr. Browne! He's getting boring!

first impressions:

i see he's taking his shows further into the pugh/galliano realm of over-the-top showmanship, with mixed results

i really, really like this on first viewing. all of the pieces are very familiar, but the styling, construction, combination of materials and layering makes them extraordinary. alien, even, but not entirely incomprehensible...

haha, and give credit where it is due! that rain jacket was not inspired by EG, it was that other guy, you know, with the light-up plastic jackets

This is a hilariously ham-handed attempt at exposing the spectacle of fashion.

At the same time it is so perfect, I love everything about this. You can't in good conscience wear Julius or RO and believe you're not being picked out as a loony, so why not shoot for the other end of the spectrum?

This is a hilariously ham-handed attempt at exposing the spectacle of fashion.

At the same time it is so perfect, I love everything about this. You can't in good conscience wear Julius or RO and believe you're not being picked out as a loony, so why not shoot for the other end of the spectrum?

Well said.

• 2 years later...