paypal help --- noob question

mabac011

I have a premier account and im verified. but dont have a verified adress cause I live in Sweden,

i got an mail from paypal saying that have received more than 9000sek and need to follow some instructions.

I log into paypal where it says i need to provide information about my account.

In resolution center it says my account being reviewed.

Ive already added a credit card and the expended use number,

they want me to upload/fax photo ID and proof of adress.

they also want me to provide business information, kinda hard when i dont have any business.

can i just take a photo of my ID and upload?

what happens if i dont do anything?

ENSURE THE EMAIL ADDRESS IS AN OFFICIAL PAYPAL ADDRESS

it might be a phishing scam in which somebody emails you giving you the impression they are on behalf of Paypal and divert you to a site to "log in" but in reality you reveal your log in details etc.

Good luck!

ENSURE THE EMAIL ADDRESS IS AN OFFICIAL PAYPAL ADDRESS

it might be a phishing scam in which somebody emails you giving you the impression they are on behalf of Paypal and divert you to a site to "log in" but in reality you reveal your log in details etc.

Good luck!

ya

thats what i was thinking.. it sounds really fake to me...

why did nobody reply sooner?? jeez.

Ohh sorry read this to fast, you ment a verified adress. i Sometimes have problems when i have bought alot of things in a short time thruu paypal. I have to wait about a day to be able to use it again. But they never have asked me for identification. But on the other hand i mostly buy stuff and never sell, so i havent recived that much money. But i have spent alot and that seems to be no problem. My sugestion is that you absolutly should not send any identification before you call them up. If you have problem with understanding everything in english, get a mate to call!

assuming it's from a legit address, i think what usually happens in cases like this is that they want to make sure you aren't using the account for anything sketchy - i've heard of people having to provide ID and documents before

generally, from what i've heard, the way it works is you go back and forth with customer service, fax them the documents they need, and then they lock your account and take all your money

I live in Finland and i have verified paypal. I remember how i called to USA and spoke russia there, funny i guess they have customer support in any language..

Anyway they froze me after i made account, cause i bought too much in short time from opening account, so i called then sent 2 faxes then i got approved..

Im member since summer 2006 and last time i checked i bought with over 10.000euros, but i never sell anything ( at least yet :D ). Tho i heard those stories too Tableschairs. But if you buy i can say its pretty safe and painless.

Cheers!

Ps. It was my first post YAY!

I had to go through this same shit in December and my brother had this just last week. We both have verified accounts. They freeze your account and make you fax them your energy bill and whatnot to prove that your account/transactions are legitimate. They usually fix it within a day or two.

I think Paypal needs to revise their automatic fraud detection system. They seem to detect every single (European?) transaction as suspicious lately.

Regarding Paypal's email - scammers usually don't state your full name in the email (because they don't know it). Official emails from Paypal will always start with 'Dear [your full name]'. This is one of the things you can use as an indication that you're okay. If it starts with something like 'Dear Paypal member,' it's always a scam.

ive uploaded a photo of my photo ID and my utility bill. hopefully that would be enough...

i did the same but they told me i need to ship a copy of my passport/ID to their us adress. im way too lazy for that so i just created a new paypal. they fucked me on 150 dollars though.