subs v. city

classic

• 1 year later...

I use to live downtown. It was overcongested shit, compacted in tuna can living. But I loved being right where the action was - saved a ton of time. Now I live just outside of the core in an old "village" area. It's only a 10 minute drive to get downtown, and I still walk everywhere. It's a good compromise. Suburbs are a sprawling yuppie mess. If I have kids, I would never want them to grow up in such a sterile, beige aluminum sided environment.

If I had the choice though, and didn't have to commute downtown, country living FTW. So like somebody said, it's the sticks or the bricks for me.

The Suburbs do make for fantastic comedy though.

burbs.jpg

I grew up in country-ish suburbs and was basically taught to conclude that the city is where all the weirdos are and to just never go there. I went to college in the country and was tired of missing out on urban culture so when I graduated I moved to the city. And have thus learned that the suburbs are where all the weirdos are and to just never go there.

there isn't enough money in the world for me to live in the suburbs, there's nothing i find more depressing that suburbs, seriously, like last week, i had to go to the only apple store in my stupid city which is in a suburb and just by looking at the ppl at the shopping mall, i got anxious and was real eager to come back. and the fucker at the Genius bar said he fixed my ipod, and it broke down like 40 min later, just as i was arriving home.

• 5 months later...

city. i hate the burbs. nothing but wiggers and JAPs ( Jewish American Princess), and barely any good stores