Julius FW 08.09 Paris

t0m

nice but nothing new.

Yeah, but Julius has been doing the same style since the late nineties (Nuke-era). I think that's the strongest aspect about the label: It doesn't deviate from its core audience but merely evolves slowly from season to season. If you're a fan, you can always find something each season that works well w/ past items. It's very simliar to Ann D.'s philosophy and target consumer.

What djrajio said. Julius evolve their look more than they change collections. If they had to sell volume like the luxury brands, they'd be coerced to recreate themselves each season to create retail desire. Seems they're content to address their market, although showing in Paris seems like a move to get bigger.

What djrajio said. Julius evolve their look more than they change collections. If they had to sell volume like the luxury brands, they'd be coerced to recreate themselves each season to create retail desire. Seems they're content to address their market, although showing in Paris seems like a move to get bigger.

i totally agreed to it. Afterall Julius is still good with everything they have done so far to satisfy its current niche audience. Anyway i have to say those leather jackets are damn cool. :P

i totally agreed to it. Afterall Julius is still good with everything they have done so far to satisfy its current niche audience. Anyway i have to say those leather jackets are damn cool. :P

Showing in Paris is probably a way for them to get more exposure and reach an audience that is not familiar with the brand, as such they will probably present a "best of" collection" that distillates the essence of their style. With that being said I think the look and model choice owe a lot to Rick Owens (was it FW07-08?).

Showing in Paris is probably a way for them to get more exposure and reach an audience that is not familiar with the brand, as such they will probably present a "best of" collection" that distillates the essence of their style. With that being said I think the look and model choice owe a lot to Rick Owens (was it FW07-08?).

I was going to say the same, considering its their first showing in Paris they probably want to play it safe in a way and show some traditional stuff. I'm sure the season itself will have new stuff as usual.

Komakino in Vancouver is looking to carry them soon, and I heard unsubstantiated rumors that Atelier is considering them too, but don't quote me on the latter.

Karlo told me he was interested in carrying them if they ever started showing in Paris and had a showroom there so it is a distinct possiblity.

there are practically no retailers outside japan. komakino in vancouver is the only north american retailer, they'll be carrying the s/s line.

as for japanese retailers, theres only a few actual online stores, rest are store blogs and such. anyway, you need to go through a proxy to buy stuff. dress-japan.jp has some stuff, parachutes has several blogs listed in his proxy thread in supermarket.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I see nothing but Rick Owens in this...thats not a bad thing, but I find myself saying that more and more. I'm not familiar with Julius before 2007 though, so maybe my assumption is ass-backwards? The jackets are quite interesting and Id love to see/smell/taste one in person.

I've never seen that much resemblence to Rick Owens in the actual garments. Julius has a more industrial feel, Rick has more colour variation and the garments have a slightly softer style to them whereas Julius is very "rugged".

both share the apocalypse steez and the surely have some similarities, especially in these styled pictures where most that is visible is black leather and waxed denim, but theres still quite a bit of difference in the full collections especially.