Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

So I was thinkin the past few days, and I thought it would be cool to make wallet making tutorial similar to hollows one he did awhile back.. I have been getting a lot of PMs about how I do stuff, and think this would be a fun project to do.

I also want to offer the cut pattern for the tutorial.....I am not going to do one of my designs. But was thinking about doing a somthing else. The new pattern we will call the "PYC" wallet.

Anyone interested? What style of wallet should I do for the tutorial?

So I was thinkin the past few days, and I thought it would be cool to make wallet making tutorial similar to hollows one he did awhile back.. I have been getting a lot of PMs about how I do stuff, and think this would be a fun project to do.

I also want to offer the cut pattern for the tutorial.....I am not going to do one of my designs. But was thinking about doing a somthing else. The new pattern we will call the "PYC" wallet.

Anyone interested? What style of wallet should I do for the tutorial?

I dig this idea, some kind of simple bifold would be good. I'd be willing to make my take on it with the same pattern, just for fun. Would be neat to see everyone's take on the same pattern.

Also, I'm really digging those shell pieces, Eric. Nicely done.

cool! It would be pretty fun to see everyone do the same project.

I will do it all with tandy tools and tandy leather, so anyone can join in.

I am going to be in Las Vegas almost all of next week, but once the "alcoholocaust" is over. i will get on it!

Lets say be on the lookout june 10 (at the latest)! for the pattern and tutorial :)

I will keep the design pretty simple, but does anyone have any suggestions on looks?

Really like the shell stuff, corter, and your wallets are always top notch, Theblackgoat.

I've changed my stitching up a bit, using a spacing wheel, diamond awl, and same heavy thread that I like. I'm happy with the results, although the last two stitches on the top left went wonky on me.

CoMFq.jpg

Well, I should know better than to post right after zissou, but I'm gonna do it anyway. This is my first attempt at a laptop case; I wanted something really simple and I was winging it on several of the details. All in all, it came out better than I have any right to expect. My stitching was pretty erratic, so I didn't do any closeups of it.

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

Alright southfive.! These are the pictures i owe you of the wallet i made for a good friend of mine.! Minimalistic wallet like yours.!

IMG_5729.JPG

IMG_5730.JPG

IMG_5731.JPG

IMG_5732.JPG

P.S. : This is my first actual sale..! Haha.! My friend offered to be my first paying customer. There's still a lot for room for improvement..!

Really like the shell stuff, corter, and your wallets are always top notch, Theblackgoat.

I've changed my stitching up a bit, using a spacing wheel, diamond awl, and same heavy thread that I like. I'm happy with the results, although the last two stitches on the top left went wonky on me.

CoMFq.jpg

Ah dude... I have been procrastinating about stitching with an awl for awhile.. =P You are making me feel guilty for using diamond hole punches..! HAHAHA.!

ALRIGHTY...! I RESOLVE TO USE AN AWL FOR MY WALLET THAT I'VE BEEN PLANNING TO MAKE.! :D

A wet-molded iPhone 3Gs case i made for a friend of mine. Artificial sinew. Used a tanner piece of leather so that he can differentiate the front and back since the 3Gs's curvatures are different.

IMG_5669.JPG

IMG_5667.JPG

Funny thing that happened. He kept the casing in his pocket while it was wet, and his jeans imprinted it's twill right on the leather. Haha.!

IMG_5670.JPG

OH OH.! Just a question for you leathercrafters out here. Is there a source for REAL sinew.? Just curious... If there is, how does one work with it and how does it smell and feel like.?

I copped a bunch of tools from my trip to China. Finally am posting them after procrastinating for a month. :P

A roller.

IMG_5733.JPG

Okay, I'll admit it. This was an impulse buy. HAHAHA.! IT JUST LOOKED TOO FUCKING BADASS.! Fucking surprised that i made it through customs.

IMG_5726.JPG

Snagged me a japanese leathercrafting knife, ironically made in China. Haha.!

IMG_5727.JPG

All these tools cost me... Roughly 20 USD.? Dirt cheap.

ALRIGHTY...! I RESOLVE TO USE AN AWL FOR MY WALLET THAT I'VE BEEN PLANNING TO MAKE.! :D

Haha, the punches work fine, but I just couldn't get one that had the right size blades and spacing that I wanted. Using an awl and spacing wheel allows for just the right combination. It does take longer, though. I think I even need to go with a smaller diamond awl so there isn't a small space between stitches.

What in the hell are you going to use that huge axe for?? Skinning the cows yourself??

Haha, the punches work fine, but I just couldn't get one that had the right size blades and spacing that I wanted. Using an awl and spacing wheel allows for just the right combination. It does take longer, though. I think I even need to go with a smaller diamond awl so there isn't a small space between stitches.

What in the hell are you going to use that huge axe for?? Skinning the cows yourself??

Ah... Hmmm... That small space bothers you that much...?

HAHAHA.! I WAS HOPING ONE OF YOU GUYS COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE IT. AHAHAHAH. Serious impulse buy..!

HoustonChris I love how simple and clean your case look, what leather you use for that case ?

it is not hand dyed right?

Thanks, John. The leather is out of a side I got from Siegel Leather a couple of years ago. And you're right- I didn't hand dye it.:)

I dig this idea, some kind of simple bifold would be good. I'd be willing to make my take on it with the same pattern, just for fun. Would be neat to see everyone's take on the same pattern.
cool! It would be pretty fun to see everyone do the same project.

I will do it all with tandy tools and tandy leather, so anyone can join in.

I am going to be in Las Vegas almost all of next week, but once the "alcoholocaust" is over. i will get on it!

Lets say be on the lookout june 10 (at the latest)! for the pattern and tutorial :)

I will keep the design pretty simple, but does anyone have any suggestions on looks?

I'd love to take my turn on it as well. would everyone make their version at the same time or would we take turns so to speak? might be cool to see people feed off each other's ideas a little bit. very interested in how these will turn out!

^Hell, I just might even make a wallet for the first time ever.

Ziissou my two cents. You might want to stitch grove that thread. I have a feeling it is going to rub down really fast shorting the life of your case.

I've thought about doing so. Honestly, I carried a case with the cross stitching for almost two years, and never saw any fraying. It would make for a slightly cleaner look, though.

first time posting some of my creations. completely in love with working with leather. thanks to pretty much everyone in this thread for the inspiration.

Guys and girls wallets for a friend of mine and his sister. Pretty happy with them! The conchos are commemorative coins from Oregon.

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

related to leatherwork, I signed for a new apartment today with my roomate, and I'll finally have a workshop! it's pretty small by any standard, but it's a converted sunroom thats now 4 seasons, filled with windows and light, and I won't have to work in my bedroom anymore! all for about $75/month more than I pay now in rent. This is a crappy phone pano of the room, I'm going to put the sewing machine table and workbench in front of the windows, and do shelving behind for everything I think. soooo excited!

3stoj2d