Saggy knees after washing jeans...

minya

So I recently washed my Nudies, and although the denim looks great, I seem to have "saggy knee effect." When standing up straight, there seems to be a weird "foldover" at my knees that I think looks pretty ugly. The weird thing is, it wasn't there before I washed them.

I wore them after washing when they were slightly damp, but I don't think I stretched them out excessively. Is this a result of over-stretched knees? Can it be fixed by washing them again?

it was probably because you wore them while they're still damp. you can either re-wash, then hang dry, or spray some water on the knee area and use a hair dryer or iron to induce shrinkage. last resort, spray some water on the knee area and toss them back in the dryer with high heat setting.

there may still be some bulging left after you've done the above, but at least they won't be as unsightly.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

It's definitely from wearing them while damp. But I wouldn't worry about it too much: with successive washings/wearing they will tend to come back in (if you don't stretch them out again).

Wet denim is very easy to stretch if you put some force into it. Dry denim stretches too, of course, but not nearly by the same amount.

Quote:

It's definitely from wearing them while damp. But I wouldn't worry about it too much: with successive washings/wearing they will tend to come back in (if you don't stretch them out again).

Wet denim is very easy to stretch if you put some force into it. Dry denim stretches too, of course, but not nearly by the same amount.

--- Original message by takashi on Sep 6, 2005 07:02 AM

Thanks for the reassurance.

I soaked them in hot water yesterday, and from looking at them, the knees have definitely shrunk all the way back in. I let them dry completely, so hopefully the knees will stay that way icon_smile_tongue.gif

Quote:

Hey, 'kneed-out jeans are cool! Some brands have put a lot of effort to get that effect on pre-washed jeansicon_smile_tongue.gif (eg Gas).

--- Original message by ringring on Sep 6, 2005 10:08 AM

Really!? Wow, I've never noticed that. I think it looks pretty silly -- weird sagged-out thighs when I'm standing up straight...

Quote:

All my dry jeans that have been worn down a lot have this. It will come back after you've worn them for a couple weeks, if not sooner.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Sep 6, 2005 01:09 PM

Yeah I figured as such. I'll just learn to deal with it. icon_smile_wink.gif