Where can I get LVC 1947 Deadstocks?

Amada

I'm looking for LVC 1947 deadstock ("dry", unwashed) 501's. All of the Levi's (Lees and Chaps as well) I wear are 32x32, so I'm assuming I should get them in 34x35, but I'll definitely get my measurements straight before buying a pair.

The only problem is I don't know where I can find these jeans at a reasonable price, preferrably ones made in San Francisco, as I've heard quality varies elsewhere. I'd call up the closest Levi's store but I'm afraid they'll only carry ones that weren't made in SF. Perhaps I'm wrong about this.

How much should I expect to pay for them, and does anyone know where I could get a pair? I looked on eBay, but the only source with my size is about $235 (including shipping). I've read in these forums that the in-store price is $154, so I feel like this is a ripoff, but I have seen LVC 1947 deadstocks go for $225 (yet also at half that price).

Thanks for any help in advance.

I was told that the only place in the states to buy these jeans is in the levi's store. I am pretty sure that all of the jeans in these stores are not manufactured in the SF factory. The SF factory was closed down in 2003 i believe. You could always check the buttons on the jeans to find where they were made. The quality may very, but you are still going to get a great pair of jeans.

PEACE

Thanks very much, both to Ringring and Witts. To Witts, though, I don't speak or read Japanese, nor does that page show the back of the top rivet button. From what I remember, there would be a "555" for the factory in SF. I'll definitely look into those other sites tomorrow and e-mail some people.