there will be blood

littleomar

this should of been called "thier will be a little blood"only two people got murdered.. DDL was really good and the cinematography,score,costumes, and everything but the screenplay was good. too much shouting and repeating of meaningless shit.no female presence at all. if DDL wasnt in it than it would be horrible. good work for the director and actors. since it was based on a book i expected more substance but the screenplay was way to minimal and could of been written by a 15 year old. i dont think it would make a difference if you saw it on a laptop or on a big screen.

true , but it's okay to be frustrated when pedestrian films win oscars instead of worthy ones. if juno wins an oscar i'm going to murder a price waterhouse cooper employee

I imagine you wearing a dunce cap and drooling all overself and banging your hands on the keyboard when you post garbage like this. It makes it less painful for me to read it.

just out of curiosity, what movie did you like better this year (or in last two years)?

:confused:

i dont understand the confusion on the second quote? just because i like the actors and director's previous work doesnt mean i have to like the movie.

pretty much everything but 27 dresses i liked better. i see way too many movies though and maybee seing the trailer 50 times made me expect something different. its a great movie for some people apparently but we didnt find it very entertaining.

my top movies of 2007 that i can remember.

no country for old men

gone baby gone

into the wild

3:10 to yuma

juno:)

I thought 'Into the wild' had much worse script and it was directed on the level of Oprah's show combined with photography of a kids nature show.

'Gone baby gone' was hacked by Affleck and I'm sure of that, it was too much for him to direct. I haven't see a film with such bad dialogue and confused writing in very long time.

I like the other 3 movies but not better than 'There will be blood'. Thanks for your answer, I can see now where you're coming from.

I thought 'Into the wild' had much worse script and it was directed on the level of Oprah's show combined with photography of a kids nature show.

'Gone baby gone' was hacked by Affleck and I'm sure of that, it was too much for him to direct. I haven't see a film with such bad dialogue and confused writing in very long time.

I like the other 3 movies but not better than 'There will be blood'. Thanks for your answer, I can see now where you're coming from.

I didn't like it very much either...

Recent movies I like are few and far between though and I appreciate that Day-Lewis is an actor with an impressive range and great presence (to go from "The age of innocence" to "There will be blood" is not something anyone can do).

That's also my problem. In last few years I genuinely liked maybe 2-3 movies that's why for me this was somewhat an achievement. I still think that it was an excellent movie and as much as we can praise Day-Lewis I think Anderson deserves a huge credit here cause his skills were above anyones in recent films.

this didn't have me as roped in/intrigued as no country for old men. i don't know if I would even recommend it, it felt dragged in some parts.

Hate to join the mild backlash but I agree. Not that, in a few years, anyone will really be comparing these two films, but No Country was one of my favorite films in years--I want to see it again and again; and There Will Be Blood just wasn't.

Nothing against Day Lewis--I kind of felt his character was overdone. Maybe I just don't have the stamina for this kind of single-character movie, but I had just had enough of him about halfway through. I think the marketing of the movie (THIS R SEERYUS MOOVEY) also turned me off, which I guess is mostly my fault.

Photography was great, sets were great, score was great, the in-the-mine scenes were really claustrophobic and well-done, no doubt.

That's also my problem. In last few years I genuinely liked maybe 2-3 movies that's why for me this was somewhat an achievement. I still think that it was an excellent movie and as much as we can praise Day-Lewis I think Anderson deserves a huge credit here cause his skills were above anyones in recent films.

Completely agree, huge step forward from Anderson, and you also have to give him some credit for even getting this film made, it must have been pretty damn hard in these days of Rambo and Meet the Spartans to get a 3 hour period film with little dialogue and no female lead into theaters.

Day-Lewis' performance is easily the best of the year, not sure it's gonna win the Best Picture, I think that goes to No Country, but he wins best actor hands down.

where were all the daniel-day lewis boosters when gangs of new york was out?

Gangs of New York was actually the first movie that put me on to DDL. The way he yelled "Whoopsy Daisy!" just did it for me. I do agree with polishmike in that Gangs of New York is a much weaker movie compared to There Will Be Blood.

My film-lit proffessor and I were talking about DDL in class the other day and suggested watching The Boxer, so I'll be checking that out soon.

• 6 months later...

thread bump, FINALLY saw this movie. . .after seeing the joker I wasn't sure anyone could make me feel as uncomfortable just be appearing on screen, but Mr. Plainview managed. I'd like to see some discussion / dissection of his character, faults and motives, on here, as looking for rational dialogue on IMDB is like looking for silk in a thistlebush.

• 3 months later...