there will be blood

littleomar

• 3 weeks later...
do yourself a favor and see it in a theater if there's a decent one showing it near you. i doubt a small screen rendition will do it justice.

i'll co-sign this. don't waste your time watching it on a ripped dvd through your laptop.

this was a top-notch movie from front to back. i'm boycotting the academy if daniel day-lewis doesn't come home with an oscar.

Anyone else feel that the last 20 minutes (in the bowling alley) were out of line of the rest of the film? It seemed too over the top and the dialogue was just silly. I still thought the film was fantastic overall but the ending just seemed out of place. Nonetheless, it was a great film (loved the Greenwood score) and Daniel Day-Lewis is on some DeNiro in the 70's and 80's shit. 9/10.

check local theatre listings....Blood hasn't release in cineplex or famous players or anything, but it's playing at the princess rose in waterloo, i know that much...not sure where you are but i'm sure there's something near you that's showcasing it right now.

I wouldn't get upset if Juno won the best writing, it has no chance in other categories. You're just bothered cause you're a meathead and you didn't get it. Why would you even go see it, it's not like Bruce Willis is in it?

word.

hahahah.

the "meathead/neck" will probably put you on "ignore" well.

this didn't have me as roped in/intrigued as no country for old men. i don't know if I would even recommend it, it felt dragged in some parts. If you are not super excited about the movie i would recommend just netflixing it in a few months. On the other hand, just saw This is England and that shit nearly blew me away.

Seeing There Will Be Blood on a bootleg DVD rip instead of the theatre pretty much sounds like the dumbest idea ever.

Incredible film, incredible performances, incredible photography. Quite a departure for Anderson. Was almost a Kubrickian picture, I thought.