Supercheap!!

whitney

I posted it in recent purchases; It's a long, oversized rain coat with slight shoulder detailing.

I actually thought someone had mistagged it when I saw it on the rack but when the dude rang it up, it was legit. Even the SA who helped me was astonished. haha

But, I believe I got that good of a deal because the piece is from F/W 06/07...at least I think.

I bought maybe like 8 things total.

A couple of flannels, some random button down I thought was nice at the moment, long sleeve shirts, and a zipdown sweater cardigan thingy for like $10 at Macys. Everything was like 50-70% off, but the guy didnt type in the original prices wen he rang me up. So some things came out to $.10.

I couldnt bring back the random button down or zip up, because it was a pretty good deal for a random piece of clothing that I havent worn since I bought it a year and a half ago...

In regards to the tag switching, its really hard to do it over here in Australia, especially in small shops & boutiques. It is easy however in department stores, one of my friends makes a living out of criminal activity, and one of his scams when hes broke is, he goes into a target, myer or david jones(kinda high end department stores over here) goes and grabs a $400 espresso machine, and gets a barcode sticker off a cheap coffee plunger for say $20, puts the barcode sticker on the espresso machine, goes through the register and pays $20 for it, then goes to another store near by, and returns it, gets a $400 voucher for that store, then he buys like a Nintendo Wii, or Xbox 360 or Ipod or something thats easy to sell, and then makes a phone call or two, and sells the item for half the retail.

In regards to the tag switching, its really hard to do it over here in Australia, especially in small shops & boutiques. It is easy however in department stores, one of my friends makes a living out of criminal activity, and one of his scams when hes broke is, he goes into a target, myer or david jones(kinda high end department stores over here) goes and grabs a $400 espresso machine, and gets a barcode sticker off a cheap coffee plunger for say $20, puts the barcode sticker on the espresso machine, goes through the register and pays $20 for it, then goes to another store near by, and returns it, gets a $400 voucher for that store, then he buys like a Nintendo Wii, or Xbox 360 or Ipod or something thats easy to sell, and then makes a phone call or two, and sells the item for half the retail.

what kind of malaka on a counter would let that through. It would ring up as a coffee machine not plunger...wtf?

• 1 year later...

I went into REI to get my wife a light packable jacket last Christmas and after a discount and using my dividend, the $79 jacket rang up at .26 cents. I went to use my debit card, as I didn't have any cash on me, and the cashier laughed and got a quarter out of his pocket to pay for it. I went to my car and got change after I got rung up so I wouldn't feel like such a bum. I was so proud of that deal...

Bluebee sales around the 7-80% mark can make a lot of unwearable junk so cheap that you'll buy it. They do have some good deals too, the MMM double-zip leather jacket (like mine) hit like $475 but only in kunk size...

helmut lang denim jacket for $5 at the local thrift

dior homme metal votc belt for $25 on ebay

dior homme "help me" tee for $27 at a consignment shop

and recently some patent JLS hi's for $15 (w/ coupon) at a consignment shop, although i'm not sure if the sneakers are ligit :confused: