australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

I like the gunmetal coated brass zippers that _7 uses, haven't seen anyone use oxidised zips before though.

haha i use oxidised zips for my own things, but it does turn out pretty similarly to the ones you mentioned, which are my fav otherwise. i like filthy decaying rusty things so silver wouldn't be my personal preference.

i think gareth moody is trying to reach the status of the labels he obviously worships, so he's trying to nurture his current clientele to gravitate towards that aesthetic. they're sheep anyway so who knows, although the irony is that these people might discover the original sources of inspiration and end up ditching the brand.

Gareth Moody getting no love on sufu!

I'm reserving judgement until I see the pieces, but if it turns out the way Ode to the O does only 1% will be actually weareable; and shitty quality at that.

Still, you guys are seriously busting his balls hahaha. Is that more to do with the kids that wear his past seasons' clothes or his penchant for emulating some of your favourites?

thanks guys - we are really proud. We are getting all the jackets 100% inspected and polished but will have them shipped asap.

We realize everyone wants the jacket ASAP but we arent going to send any out until we are 100% satisfied every person will be 100% happy with the purchase.

love the silver zips.. btw awesome fit selks

i can wait a week bt no rush, keeps me excited

wept a few IS stockists, The Library, Sartorialoft, Sydney's, Zekka

then there's a heap of japanese like mercury, mindtrive, mattoti, lounge, mindtrive, anchor..

i emailed Dave a couple months back but didnt have the cash to pre-order... that coat on the left came in linen (1150Eu) and Cotton (1035Eu).. there was also a real nice lamb leather but it was 2120Eu!!

Good day Melbourne! I'm visiting your lovely city and the weather has been colder, and wetter than I expected.

Fortunately on the cold front, I brought a couple of jackets. However none of them come with hoods for the unexpected rain.

Therefore, I would very much like to seek your advice on where in CBD I can find SuFu-worthy jackets, with hood, under $300.

The hood doesn't have to be fully water-proof, I just need it to shield my head from the wind and sporadic raindrops. Much thanks!

haha i use oxidised zips for my own things, but it does turn out pretty similarly to the ones you mentioned, which are my fav otherwise. i like filthy decaying rusty things so silver wouldn't be my personal preference.

i think gareth moody is trying to reach the status of the labels he obviously worships, so he's trying to nurture his current clientele to gravitate towards that aesthetic. they're sheep anyway so who knows, although the irony is that these people might discover the original sources of inspiration and end up ditching the brand.

funny thing is thta half the new designers you see on SZ are doing the exact same shit. they just have cooler names and their shit is more expensive. there are really only a handful of designers that you could say really pioneered the aesthetic and its variants.

funny thing is thta half the new designers you see on SZ are doing the exact same shit. they just have cooler names and their shit is more expensive. there are really only a handful of designers that you could say really pioneered the aesthetic and its variants.

yeah absolutely, it's all marketing and hype. sometimes the quality/construction doesn't even justify the prices, it's just set that high so they can enter the market with the same perceived status without having to go through the long and arduous process of an organic appreciation. from a business POV it's a smart move, and in a way necessary as the fashion industry today is very different from when labels like MMM, RO etc were established.

i mean when it comes to the bling povera aesthetic that much of SZ covets, how many of them AREN'T related to carpe diem somehow? it's not a bad thing to have worked with maurizio altieri but the influence definitely shows even though those familiar with the labels know they have their own unique differences. but as they say, fashion is by nature derivative so truly pioneering labels hardly ever exist. .

it's snobbery in a way, but personally some of the other reasons i don't buy into CoN's efforts are the lack of a convincing mythos/back story and the association with the people that buy that stuff (ie the FAT crowd). basically FAT ruins impressions for me.

yeah i feel you on that. though i dont think that the association with a customer base should turn anyone off a label. it's a product that is purchased, and as can be seen by the attitude and spending of some of the people on sufu, anyone can buy/wear any designer and be a part of whatever underground aesthetic community that comes with it, provided they have the dollars to back it.

/rant

however. many (perhaps most) people do end up creating their own take/spin on a more widespread aesthetic, rather than merely recycling it.

really starting to feel a little antipathy toward SZ. There are some extremely awkward and uninspired waywt's going down there on the regular recieving praise for what seems little more than brand names (CCPMA+OVCD). i am slightly reminded of hypebeast.

Good day Melbourne! I'm visiting your lovely city and the weather has been colder, and wetter than I expected.

Fortunately on the cold front, I brought a couple of jackets. However none of them come with hoods for the unexpected rain.

Therefore, I would very much like to seek your advice on where in CBD I can find SuFu-worthy jackets, with hood, under $300.

The hood doesn't have to be fully water-proof, I just need it to shield my head from the wind and sporadic raindrops. Much thanks!

hope u have great time in melbourne dude. :D

other than that.. dunno much about sufu-approved brands.. maybe cactus jam? :)

yeah i know customer base association isn't an "ethical" factor but i know it plays a part for me whether it's a conscious decision or not. i'm sure a lot of people feel the same but won't admit it, be it RE: music, fashion, movies etc.

i sorta grew up with the metal scene so tons of close-minded people there that are just like that. i have pig destroyer and justin timberlake in the same playlist, though!

SZ is very much a close community so it's understandable the sometimes circle jerk that goes on in there, something like a bunch of people who know each other IRL showing off fits to each other. they've got their own aesthetic, and unlike circa 2007 sufu, aren't out to make snarky comments at every other waywt.

hope u have great time in melbourne dude. :D

other than that.. dunno much about sufu-approved brands.. maybe cactus jam? :)

Thanks, I'm having a great time here... love the city.

Anyway, for the hooded coat, I'm opened to non-designer as well.

I took a look at Myers yesterday and they have a pretty decent selection actually, but none that suits me. I'll be looking at Melbourne Central and QV today, any suggestions?

Also, anyone knows if I can find Swear London shoes in Melbourne? Thanks

the high neck and hooded vest are the only pieces that really share any great similarities to the mainline imo. the basics look dope and those satin jackets are exactly what I've been looking for, something other than leather that's lightweight and soft for just lounging around in.