australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

mel, im a julius size 2 and im a 37inch chest. so i wear 46s and 48s.

if its helps at all im 179cm and 65kg. everything i buy is julius size 2.

i like the new versions DJI but its the cost that kills me. i think the older jut neck would more likely pop up on Y cheaper than the new one. thats the main point.

thanks D/wept. sounds like im a size 2.

I'm developing more and more love for Julius (admittedly caused partly by D's undying support of the brand :P). I really think their direction and aesthetic is different than anything out there. They have that signature look every season but they don't bore me like other brands (CON comes to mind). and. i. love. their. photography.

Would love to try the jut neck before copping though...

actually I've noticed that the cheapest time to cop would be within the first 2-3 months after the piece is released, after people have bought it and changed their mind/bought the wrong size. either way I'll keep an eye out for you man, although I have a feeling you check Y more often than me these days ;).

I personally prefer the long zips of the FW08 jut as it looks a bit cleaner while still being quite distinct, also the horizontal zip on the right side of the new jut neck causes the mid section to stick out a bit making the fit look slightly awkward. both are beautiful jackets though, would own both if I were ballin' out of control haha.

thanks D/wept. sounds like im a size 2.

I'm developing more and more love for Julius (admittedly caused partly by D's undying support of the brand :P). I really think their direction and aesthetic is different than anything out there. They have that signature look every season but they don't bore me like other brands (CON comes to mind). and. i. love. their. photography.

Would love to try the jut neck before copping though...

haha, thanks mel :P. it is a very distinct aesthetic, although like rick they do stick to it quite consistently so while there are still interesting and unique pieces every season, pieces from previous seasons still work perfectly with them.

ID heart has quite a few item shots online for FW09.10, too lazy to host them though so I'll just wait till vibe nagano puts them up (if there are any particular pieces people are interested in I'll host those pics :P). tbh I'm not really feeling that many of the pieces, particularly them dropping cement and raw as lame basic colours and only producing black, blood and khaki. the silk mohair destroyed knits do look incredible, not really for me though. still waiting to see the full range (looks like there will be even more pieces than there were for SS09), although the only piece that I think I'll pick up at this point is this ring necklace from the mid winter collection...

i was never really impressed with most of the range, but i don't think i sampled this one.

how sad saturday night and i don't feel like going out anymore..

I've been meaning to get it for ages, I actually really like the Monocle Hinoki also...

yeah sad state of affairs, saturday night at home, but at least i'll be spritely to watch the NBA at 10am

well i have Renaissance 3D mixed by Tom Middleton and the song just sampled everything is going to be alright.. so i feel much better.

NBA? fo real?

NIca av btw.. pity you had slurpents deleted.. they got rid of my sig too, it was smaller than Lowreys.. Bastards

finally copped CdG 2man today. If you want, cop from Mecca store in Myer, $10 cheaper than elsewhere, including assin and other mecca stores

thanks for that info tyro. ive always wanted to smell their fragrances but i keep forgetting to do so. your information is very helpful.

Definitely check out:

CLUB21 Men @ The Hilton - they stock yohji, CdG, n(n), Raf Simons, Dior Homme, Marni, Undercover, Jil, Lanvin, etc etc.

Blackjack @ the Forum - they stock Raf by Raf, Helmut Lang, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Y3, Coming Soon, CHRONICLES OF NEVER with rape prices, Ksubi with rape prices.

Theres a store called queen's couture or something in one of the malls and they stock CON, ksubi, april77, hells bells, etc if you're into that sort of thing.

If you go during the "Great Singapore Sale" you'll find most item to be 50%-60% off.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a store that stocks RO, Ann D, and the likes while I was there :( though I did see some dude walking with RO from head to toe lulz.

lulz, forgot about club21 and blackjack but yeh the prices are rape and ranges are small. had a look at queen's couture in The Hereen last time I was in singapore, very small store with a variety of labels that are kinda a mix of fat, GP and glue, meh.

haha yeah. dont ever cop anything in sgp for full price! their markup is insane. CON tee was going for like $300 rrp...

Gotta say the shopping is better for girls though. My gf bought stuff from brands that we wouldnt be able to get here. For us guys, we have sufu ;)

haha true, but isn't that always the case? ;)

seriously handmade you're better off spending your entire time eating, food is amazing and cheap everywhere haha. gotta find somewhere here that makes decent roti stuffed with egg, onion and chilli, some chendol would be good too but no one makes that shit here...

cool thanks for that guys, i had a bit of a look at the sufu map for

Singapore and it didn't look to promising haha. just means ill have to organise a trip to Japan soon. we have a few days there dji so ill def get a chance to sample alot of the food :)

I'd say the new one will be the same size as the current boston bag as it is slightly cheaper, the only real difference is the pockets.

ah icic! do they use the same leather as the first season? do you by any chance know of the price as well?

just got back from the pub. going out is overrated.

Bt, you got any Skeleton Key boots in 10? I tried on today at Incu, and this season's version is better than last's, so I am going to have to cop another pair for sure.

Sold out of all last seasons CON.

We have the new seasons, the nomalists boot is better then last seasons skeleton key IMO.

got a stop-over in Singapore, can anyone recommend any good stores worth checking out?

Was in Singapore a couple months ago, shop wise is really quite horrid i agree with DJI, go for the food.