australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

people comment that i'm too skinny, and I wouldn't even call myself skinny. When did it become alright to say that to people any way? The other day while I was making myself a coffee, some woman at work remarked that I shouldn't be using skim milk because I am too skinny... wtf?

sometimes yeah, usually after I've eaten twice as much as them and they're wondering where I put it though lol. do get it quite a bit from family on my mum's side, azns always trying to fatten you up. :rolleyes:

crap I fell asleep reading for two hours and missed the start of the sagaji thread. how much were the m.a+ l/s tees going for?

that _7 combo jacket is priced cheap enough to make it an impulse buy >_>

those CCP OD derbies are nice...

and LUC pixel knit, thank god it doesn't seem to fit TTS >.<

The ma+ l/s were going for 190. I picked up the cream one, hope it turns out alright. The 46 measurements for the black and white were 4cm difference in the p2p...I'm hoping it's alright.

Yeah I was going to impulse buy those ccp white twisted pants. But I already got a pair of white pants coming in the mail. I'm actually sort of looking for the CCP pants with the 3D pockets. Are they at EM?

damn, i noticed most of sagaji items are seen in y! or in the sufu classified, whats up with ppl kop and then resell again. : \

anyway, great stuff, someone should kop the derbies and the pants.

rob/kuug, those 3d pocket invisi pants (i assume if thats what u are looking for) run really small, you might need those at size 48.. em i think only got in 44... : \

damn, i noticed most of sagaji items are seen in y! or in the sufu classified, whats up with ppl kop and then resell again. : \

sizing, not suiting them, blah blah, need we have this discussion again? ;)

rob/kuug, those 3d pocket invisi pants (i assume if thats what u are looking for) run really small, you might need those at size 48.. em i think only got in 44... : \

44 fit me guud, shame I hate those 3d pockets on pants...

yeah some people on the forum seem to have this fobby way of approaching sales which irritates the fuck out of me, things like quoting US retail prices when the item is obviously purchased in JP, not making measurements readily available, CAPSLOCK etc. most of these fobs (but not all) of them seem to approach the forums with a business-like mentality.

as for sagaji though... I personally think he's just helping friends of his sell stuff. dude's a legit seller and well, even sales thread heroes like tiger have huge size discrepancies... nobody would second guess their motives as long as the prices make for a steal.

rob/kuug, em i think only got in 44... : \

Cheers, man. Looks like I really gotta get a trip down to Melbourne some time.

44 fit me guud, shame I hate those 3d pockets on pants...

Haha I'm not 100% sure at the moment either about it. But lately I've been interested in going for an altered silhouette. They seem to be something slight and intriguing. Gotta try on though.

nobody would second guess their motives as long as the prices make for a steal.

What do you guys think about arbitrage? Had this discussion before but thought it would be good to see your thoughts on it. Buying an item cheap locally and selling it on an international platform more expensive than you got it. One would argue as long as a person is happy to pay that amount of money for an item they cannot get normally, there's no problem. Others would say that you're earning profits from doing unproductive work. Like people who buy and sell currencies.

And damn A you put those sneaks up fast, something on your kop list pop up? Haha.

depends. i really cant compare selling clothes to houses nor cars nor as currencies at all.

especially secondhand clothes.

i feel that, as long as your honest about the whole thing by telling the buyers where/when/how much you got them and are raking the price due to the demand, that's fine then.

anyway, here's a story:

i sold my bbs pants to huckleberry for 300usd, he got an offer of 400 usd when he tried to sell it to pay his dental.., he said he would like to split the other 50usd on me since it's not fair etc etc, in the end i just told huckleberry thats his pants already and he needed that $$$ to pay for his dental more than i do as i will just spend it on entertainment : \

so it make sense, there are people who cares about not ripping anyone off, and are very selfless.. so just be transparent about it, it's then the buyer's choice - take it or leave it.

Others would say that you're earning profits from doing unproductive work. Like people who buy and sell currencies.

to that I say... hypothetically if the unproductive work person was someone disabled and wheelchair-bound, would you still begrudge them their risk-free profit/easy work? there's also the blue vs white collar comparison to be made, a miner puts their life on the line while a desk jockey pushes buttons, etc.

I think it's one of life's wonders that there are many ways for us to support ourselves out there, and in modern society the jobs that need to get done will, whether the citizenry wills it or not.

depends. i really cant compare selling clothes to houses nor cars nor as currencies at all.

especially secondhand clothes.

I curious as to how you derived your opinion on this matter. to me the clothes that get bought and sold on the forums we frequent are basically assets just like houses, cars and currencies are... and the true value of something is how much someone else would pay for it.

I curious as to how you derived your opinion on this matter. to me the clothes that get bought and sold on the forums we frequent are basically assets just like houses, cars and currencies are... and the true value of something is how much someone else would pay for it.

IMO, clothes of course has some sort of value as long as someone wants to pay for it, but they aren't as sustainable if compare to house, currency or gold, .. Cars, well at least you still can refresh them, etc, I don't know about clothes, I think even if one decide to keep them pristine in the closet for a year or two, the value seems to still deteriorate anyhow, I feel it' all about time and place, and clothes seem to be at a faster pace.

It's really different. I guess it's the fashion concept - newer stuff always seems to be better, don't think people will want to pay retail for older stuff,

except that for the stuff we see on SZ and maybe sufu sometimes, lots of people are more than happy to shell out big money for certain items based on rarity, design and etc. paprik sold his sz 3 jut for japanese retail, albert bought his grail DH jacket for what seemed to be a king's ransom, so on and so on.

clothes are functional and depreciate faster than houses or cars (as they should!) because they're not built to last as long and aesthetics change faster than those examples but so much of what we pay for is already for intangibles like 'artistic endeavor', and if someone were to want to sell an brand new unused Ann D feather necklace in 2013, how would one determine it's sale price? based on depreciation of a metal chain combined with a feather or of the depreciation of her idea?

as for newer = better, it depends, I don't think I'm going to trade in last year's jut for this year's. haha.