australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

just received my ccp derbies, look so amazing!!!!! I have to say i much prefer the toe shape of these derbies than the current season ones, little bit more pointy and less chunky. They are half size bigger than what I would expect but I think i can live with that and just insert an extra layer of inner sole.

DSC01462.jpg

chin they look great :)

Are you wearing CDG wool pants or YY? or neither? haha

do you have some loose fitting YY or CDG wool pants? I'm really interested in getting some wool leggings for next year and would love some info on them.

D. I guess it's not for you.. Did you meet Masahiro..

pretty sure VAT gets deducted the moment the item is shipped out of its country of origin/europe.

you shouldn't have to worry about it.

when you purchase online the store should automatically take off the VAT when you fill in your address outside of Europe. If you purchase in Europe you fill out a form or you get your refund cheque stamped just before you fly out and you take it to a VAT refund place either in Europe or here I believe for lower rates.

when you purchase online the store should automatically take off the VAT when you fill in your address outside of Europe. If you purchase in Europe you fill out a form or you get your refund cheque stamped just before you fly out and you take it to a VAT refund place either in Europe or here I believe for lower rates.

So why doesn't Komakino discount for VAT? I understand they mark the value of the package down so you don't have to pay customs fees, but it seems dodgy to me.

So why doesn't Komakino discount for VAT? I understand they mark the value of the package down so you don't have to pay customs fees, but it seems dodgy to me.

well i guess you might have to ask because it is a small boutique style store. I am thinking in many situations especially concerning big ticket items (a la ccp baller jackets) it might be better off for some customers to take the VAT on the chin and just import it into their country secretly via post so they don't get hit with their own countries import duties and what ever charges and handling etc etc. So perhaps they expect this and just wait to see if you want that done.. I dunno.

Not exactly sure of Australia's import duties on anything but motorcycles, so If you gain any experience in this please shed some light for me if possible.

Well dantone for instance, have VAT of 20%, which I assume is standard. So it works out cheaper to import the goods legitimately and pay GST and other duties, which amount to under 20%. The difference I guess is the hassle of dealing with customs vs. not.

However, if you pay a proxy to do the deal for you - to avoid import duties - you have to pay 20% VAT plus ~10% proxy fee, plus shipping. So definitely not worth it.

Fen, you imported the MA+ pants and had to deal with customs right? How long did that take?

But I do understand that Darklands (for example) are marking the value down, and offer free shipping (86 days via Iran), but I feel like the whole VAT thing is intentionally left in the grey area. And who knows, if you didn't ask them to mark a package down, they may not - it's not as if they advertise it.

nah, they are just my uniqlo jeans :P what kind of YY/CDG wool pants are you referring to jc?the classic baggy ones like these?wool leggings??

btw, I actually forgot to ask the seller to mark down the value of my ccp and i am so lucky that i didn't get charged by the custom......thank god...

chin they look great :)

Are you wearing CDG wool pants or YY? or neither? haha

do you have some loose fitting YY or CDG wool pants? I'm really interested in getting some wool leggings for next year and would love some info on them.

D. I guess it's not for you.. Did you meet Masahiro..

chin, totally agree about the ccp suits' rigidness. ... it was in my unconscious mind.

Fen, you imported the MA+ pants and had to deal with customs right? How long did that take?

But I do understand that Darklands (for example) are marking the value down, and offer free shipping (86 days via Iran), but I feel like the whole VAT thing is intentionally left in the grey area. And who knows, if you didn't ask them to mark a package down, they may not - it's not as if they advertise it.

mine was via usps, they send me an invoice in the mailbox after 1 day it reached their post, pay them and got them 2 days later.

and campbell will not exclude vat, dont think he ever will, but i never asked.. but his willing to declare under 1k for the aussies.

Can someone here explain VAT to me and how it applies to us Aussies buying from European stores such as Darklands?

just curious tho.. are you eye-ing some ccps? because if you are.. i personally think his pricing are already quite decent even inclusive vat.. anyway comparing to lazzari, and motelsalieri have to offer..despite no vat.. they dont mark down value at all.. get hit much more.

anyway, i really respect campbell very much.. a great man with patience i say.

^ That was the first thing I did. And he responded rudely. So I thought I would discuss it in an open forum. :D

And SA's response was a joke. Claiming that becuase their prices are already cheaper than in Australia I should be happy to pay the 20% VAT. And they offer 'free' shipping - it's hardly free if I have to pay 20%.

Anyway, I will find out their legal obligation and go from there. But like I said, it's cheaper to pay import duties.

I was informed that this would be the best place to ask this question since it is an Australian label:

anybody have experience with Saint Augustine Academy? they're stuff seems pretty nice and not too expensive. just wondering about the quality and if anyone has a link to a stock list, i would greatly appreciate it.

^ That was the first thing I did. And he responded rudely. So I thought I would discuss it in an open forum. :D

And SA's response was a joke. Claiming that becuase their prices are already cheaper than in Australia I should be happy to pay the 20% VAT. And they offer 'free' shipping - it's hardly free if I have to pay 20%.

Anyway, I will find out their legal obligation and go from there. But like I said, it's cheaper to pay import duties.

just to remind you that there could be untold fees in the process of importing items.. so in the end, you might prolly pay more or less what darkland's offering price.. just with some extra wait on getting it.. anyway, . ask btbam about the fees.. i am sure he is savvy at these.

I was informed that this would be the best place to ask this question since it is an Australian label:

anybody have experience with Saint Augustine Academy? they're stuff seems pretty nice and not too expensive. just wondering about the quality and if anyone has a link to a stock list, i would greatly appreciate it.

in melbourne, they are stocked in fat4.. not sure anywhere else..

yeah a few new webstores have sprung up since then. you can get your proxy to email for measurements but they're pretty meaningless for a piece cut that way from that type of fabric, you'd definitely be safe with a size 3.

We regret to inform you the item(s) requested have been discontinued by the supplier.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might have cause.

:mad:

:-/