Visvim S/S 08

PAND

Hockneys:

Anyone know if someone has crafted an "inspired" or straight "knock off" of the Hockney style shoe???

Basically, I really want some, but just can't justify paying that much for them at this point.

Thought I would ask people that know more than me on the Visvim tip.

Thanks in advance.

Hockneys:

Anyone know if someone has crafted an "inspired" or straight "knock off" of the Hockney style shoe???

Basically, I really want some, but just can't justify paying that much for them at this point.

Thought I would ask people that know more than me on the Visvim tip.

Thanks in advance.

Talking about bootlegs here are we?

TAKE UNDERCOVER OUT OF YOUR AVATAR!!!

For Shame!

Don't bother buying into Visvim (hype) as you clearly don't know the first thing about Visvim or what they stand for. Stick to buying Sperrys or cheap knock offs from Uniqlo.

I've seen plenty of Sperrys and Uniqlo. I own some Ring Mocs from Visvim, as well as several other items from the brand. If it makes you feel any better, you can say I don't know anything about them. Good for you.

Talking about bootlegs here are we?

TAKE UNDERCOVER OUT OF YOUR AVATAR!!!

For Shame!

No, not at all. I'm talking about shoes that are similar in style, cut, etc. Perhaps you've seen some of the Raf or Lanvin style shoes at places like Yesstyle? I've seen plenty of people here buying them, and I don't think they were challenged on their allegiance to the afformentioned brands. Anyway, I'm not looking for FAKE Visvims, and I hope that's now clear.

Several people already PM'ed with some nice alternatives, so thank you to them.

5/1(THU)

V00006101 LOGAN DECK LO

5/2(FRI)

V10000401 VIRGIL PLAIN TOE-FOLK (F.I.L. EXCLUSIVE)

VS0000575 FLUXUS 00 clash-1

VS0000576 FLUXUS 01 clash-1

VS0000577 FLUXUS 02 clash-1

VS0000578 FLUXUS 03 clash-1

VS0000579 FLUXUS 04 clash-1

VS0000580 FLUXUS 05 clash-1

VS0000581 FLUXUS 07 clash-1

VS0000679 WELDED GS SHIRT

VS0000685 WELDED KEIKA SHIRT

5/3(SAT)

VSEOF0002 BALLISTIC K PACK/ORIGINAL FAKE

Better pic of the Folk Boots. Pure sex when you get over that yellow heel cap.

folkbootsld6.jpg

via http://blog.honeyee.com/hn/archives/2008/04/filat_the_stage.html

these aren`t selling so quick coz of the price I think, still all colors in at FIL. I`d rather have a pair of 7 hole round toes for an classic boot. the lifted toe bugs me on these.

^^ Yep, bird's eye profile is nowhere near as nice as the side profile either. The curly toe is also quite delicate and 'pointy'/slim, at least when compared to the (superior) 7-hole's rounded, thicker toe.

I won't be selling my 7's or Nam Juns any time soon - best boot around for profile, quality etc

Does anyone here have Cowan His? Im trying to figure out the sizing on them. I can wear a 10.5 in Kiefers for sure and I'm an 11 in most regular sneakers. Cowan fitting = kiefer? or a tad bigger like a true chuck...

how much are the nomads at union? do they have any of the folk footwear in/left/ever?

I think the cowans are pretty true to size for regular kicks, my friend wears a 12.5 in nikes and bought 12 in the checkered cowans

Which are the nomads?

When I was there I had to get some price checks so I made a list of the following...

FBT Elks - $448

Logans - $304

FBT Camos - $280

Kiefers with the zippers - $314

FBT Bears - $498

Union Ny that is...

damn 498 for the fbt bears - im assuming you mean the bear foot/folk model

I want them so bad - sz 9 in black or beige - can some somebody get me a deal on them there please?

For a guy who's such a big fan of Visvim (re: Your online magazine), you really do suck. Use your head? Or use the search function. Please stop dickriding a overhyped brand already and go back to your Umbro by Kim Jones and Vans.

umbro by kim jones? Last time I wore anything umbro was when i played soccer when I was 12.

I asked that because I don't have $500+ to spend on shoes while I'm going to school still, so sorry for jokingly asking for a deal at union.

Don't bother buying into Visvim (hype) as you clearly don't know the first thing about Visvim or what they stand for. Stick to buying Sperrys or cheap knock offs from Uniqlo.
For a guy who's such a big fan of Visvim (re: Your online magazine), you really do suck. Use your head? Or use the search function. Please stop dickriding a overhyped brand already and go back to your Umbro by Kim Jones and Vans.

Why are you even in this thread? All your posts in here lack the knowledge you seem to unwittingly posess about Visvim and what they stand for. Your constant bickering in this thread with failed attempts to inform others what's up with Visvim shows how big of a FAN YOU ARE.

Stop contradicting yourself, and fuck up already..

word. so back to loving visvim and not hating other sufu members, has anybody read through any of the catalogs? I am more impressed by Nakamura when I read interviews or his writing, his open minded approach to his lines is great. I'm curious to see if there will be any yack wool used in the fall/winter line after reading the spring catalog.

word. so back to loving visvim and not hating other sufu members, has anybody read through any of the catalogs? I am more impressed by Nakamura when I read interviews or his writing, his open minded approach to his lines is great. I'm curious to see if there will be any yack wool used in the fall/winter line after reading the spring catalog.

Open minded? His whole idea is "product fundamentalism". He only uses certain special materials and is extremely discerning. I wouldn`t say open minded.

i mean in terms of how he is open to things he wouldnt normally think of. throughout the catalog he writes about how he was travelling in tibet and observing the nomads and how their yak wool tipis are so breathable and allow them to be warm when needed and allow air through when needed.

He is open to these ideas that contribute heavily to the direction and development of the materials - so technically its fundament practices that have been going on for centuries, but it is something new in terms of functional fashion