Ableton Live or Reason?

ClarkGriswold

ableton for mashups... and anything else....the software is so user friendly it's scary.

its not really a matter of preference but heres the thing.... i assumed you were serious about learning production.

sure if you just want to needle around and throw some tracks together and beatmatch them and turn out some '03 style mashed tunes, go with ableton. but thats lazy.

my recommendation is to get reason, learn how to produce your own tracks, get a feel for working with these types of programs, and then, move onto ableton once youre confident in your musical/technical aptitude.

otherwise, youre just going to be another shitty bedroom musician and im trying to save the world from you. no offense.

I am serious about producing, but wih that said, I'm still very new. I fucked around with FL like 5 or 6 years ago when I was in HS but never really got too into it. Now I'm lookin to pick up a controller and get more serious about it. I think I'm going to pick up Reason. Thanks omc for saving the world

• 2 weeks later...