kanye west?????

doom

doom here,

i am just about sick and tired of this homeboy, kanye.

he is on the cover of this week's times magazine for crying out loud!

imo, he has no style at all and he claims to be the king of style, what , in complex mag?

what are you opinions on this kanye phenom??

peace

the eclipse is nigh

the guy is everywhere.

isn't he the epitome of style for all you trendy fashionistas?

and who gives you the holier than thou attitude to tell me , the master of doom, that this is an awful thread?

don't take life so serious, chill and relax or better yet meditate!!!!!

the eclipse is nigh

Quote: isn't he the epitome of style for all you trendy fashionistas?

Oh come on, you don't really think that.

I've heard some of his music. It's okay. Not a huge fan. As far as his style goes, seems fine to me. I don't like the whole blazer thing, but whatever. Does he really bother you that much though?

Except for his ego, he's a perfectly normal guy.

I think the man is single handedly gonna save hip hop. Sure he ain't no mos def, talib kweli, etc, but the man knows how to produce records. I dig his style. It ain't my taste, but the fool can pull it off. The schoolboy-sheik look.. right? I ain't mad that he is everywhere. It's a helluva lot better having someone intelligent in the spotlight instead of some thugged out idiot like fifty cent. Rakim was the Christ of hip hop and Kanye will be the second coming. I'd rather see Kanye in the spotlight than some crappy fluff piece on how george W. will spend his five week vacation. Kanye raps consciously with strong social undertones. he doesn't have to scream at you ala dead prez, but he'll get his point across by sucking you in with his intelligent rhymes and melodic beats.

PEACE

yah, i hate it when people like things.

it really fucking bothers me.

the other day i went to burger king and got a whopper, and i looked over and some other guy had a whopper. i was like 'what the fuck are you doing, man? why are you such a sheep?' and then i spilled ketchup all over my apc's.

bottom line: kayne makes good beats and we all hate ourselves.

Quote:

yah, i hate it when people like things.

it really fucking bothers me.

the other day i went to burger king and got a whopper, and i looked over and some other guy had a whopper. i was like 'what the fuck are you doing, man? why are you such a sheep?' and then i spilled ketchup all over my apc's.

bottom line: kayne makes good beats and we all hate ourselves.

--- Original message by boystory on Aug 25, 2005 09:09 PM

preach

Kanye West has good style, but ain't no king of style.

He's one of the most influencial rappers today, and is the only few that doesn't rock a white or black or blue or pink or purple tee. His lyrics are bombin' and beats are great.

His new album, Late Registration, is classic! Lovin' it to death!

steam that 4 life !

he's certainly a better role model than some of the other knuckleheads in hip hop.

I mean, when is the whole guns and hoes thing going to play itself out.

The world could use more positive people like Kanye.

He dresses "yuppie" and he's a sell-out?

How about clean-cut.

His pants are at his waist (OMG!!!) and his shirts fit! What a horror!

Can I ask you something? These sunglasses: they're really nice. Are they like government issue, or do you guys all go to the same store together?

Quote:

Bah, both Mos Def and Andre 3000 destroys Kanye. not only style wise.

--- Original message by coolhunter on Aug 26, 2005 08:57 AM

i agree with ya but.

mos is lost these days. he dresses dipset style nowadays.

^^Ha! Perhaps they are some evil manifestations of SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN? Late registration is very good in my opinion. I'm not particularly down with Kanye's raps; honestly, his raps sometimes kill tracks and don't do service for the beats he makes, but he is definitely one of the better role-models in the hip-hop camp. Visionary trend maker, Yes. Outstanding MC/lyrical magician, No. But you gotta admit, the Maroon 5 track and Touch the sky are fire. No one is doing tracks as dope as that in hip-hop.