american apparel flea market

bkforever

Just got back. I bet there were 3000+ people that came. I waited with some friends for about 3 hours while they only let in people like 10 at a time in 10-15 minute durations.

Inside was a total mess: Things were organized by prices with $1, $3, $7, and $10 piles of clothing dumped on to tarp mats as people dug and stepped through piles of clothes. Also, you had to pay for your clothing according to which priced pile you got it from which took out a lot of time for many people jumping from line to line. It could of been organized better but it was AA's first warehouse sale. I only got five shirts for a total of $13.

I just got back as well. I got there at 4pm and the line was at least a quarter mile long. It took 45 minutes to get in.

When I got there I saw people leaving with huge bags full of clothes. By the time I got in most of the good stuff was gone. Only sweatpants, sweaters, and size large items were left. I had to dig pretty hard to find a few shirts in size small.

I imagine if you got there early you could've hauled off large amounts of quality items. However, the people I spoke to who arrived at 1 or 2pm had to wait two hours or so to get in.

I did see the American Apparel founder a few times. And the cobra snake guy.

• 7 months later...